This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fuse Won't Have an Online Pass or Microtransactions + More Details + 'Spyro'

#1Travarkas57Posted 4/5/2013 10:56:35 PM
There will be a 'free' demo closer to launch, but here's some of it. Sounds really cool, I like what I hear - especially the Splitscreen part... Co-Op could certainly be interesting online as well. I dunno, I think I'm gonna check it out. What do you guys think?

• You can play the entire game solo, with one friend, with two friends, or with three friends

• You can play split-screen with one other person, and if you so choose, the other 2 characters can be controlled by online friends

• If you decide to play solo, Insomniac made the “AI bots helpful, but not kill stealing jerks.” You also have the option of switching between any character at any point with the push of a button (they call it the LEAP feature)

• Fuse supports drop-in/drop-out co-op as long as you allow friends to join when you start your game, then they can instantly take control of an AI bot (no loading)

• They decided to change the art style of Fuse, from Overstrike, because the tone of the game shifted and they wanted to go visceral with the weapons. “The result is a better game.”

• Even with the change, Fuse will still be humorous, just in a more sophisticated way

• There will not be an online pass, though they do ask you to buy the game new to support them since “there are no microtransactions to make up for it. :D”

• The reason why they won’t make a new Spyro game? “Because he has no hands.”

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/04/05/fuse-wont-have-an-online-pass-or-microtransactions-demo-coming-before-launch/
---
T r a v a r k a s 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#2RoachmeatPosted 4/5/2013 11:26:00 PM
You can't get mad at 'Insomniac' for wanting to try something different. Heck, even LucaArts was once behind "Zombies ate my Neighbors" before the Star Wars games.

I'll definitely be there for the demo. But the game itself will be more of a "if I have the money to triple dip" issue.

---
"It will rain blood today.." --Astaroth, Soul Calibur 2
#3OtakuGameraPosted 4/5/2013 11:41:27 PM
when is the game coming out again?
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#4Travarkas57(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 11:42:34 PM
when is the game coming out again?

May 28th
---
T r a v a r k a s 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#5Deimos259Posted 4/5/2013 11:48:32 PM
Even with the change, Fuse will still be humorous, just in a more sophisticated way

So it won't be funny in an Insomniac way but instead a Killzone way
---
This is serious business, remember that.
#6AnonUnknownPosted 4/6/2013 3:04:53 AM
Spyro has no hands? This is one of the dumbest reasons of all time.
#7Sum_quod_erisPosted 4/6/2013 3:09:47 AM(edited)
• The reason why they won’t make a new Spyro game? “Because he has no hands."

What a horrid excuse.
---
P.S. - I use proper grammar online. (Yes, I'm fully aware of my insanity.)
#8Bestia_SomniaPosted 4/6/2013 3:09:05 AM
Still sounds generic. It's pretty much trying to be a combination of Resistance and Ratchet & Clank, but it just comes off as a parody of both of them individually. There's like zero hype for Fuse so far. I honestly hope it flops. Insomniac ruined the R&C series and they ruined the Resistance series. They're just a bunch of washed up has-beens now.
---
"Women!? Wutz a women? Iz it brand of serial? a herp to da derp..." - Masashi Kishimoto
#9KenauePosted 4/6/2013 3:17:24 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Still sounds generic. It's pretty much trying to be a combination of Resistance and Ratchet & Clank, but it just comes off as a parody of both of them individually. There's like zero hype for Fuse so far. I honestly hope it flops. Insomniac ruined the R&C series and they ruined the Resistance series. They're just a bunch of washed up has-beens now.

No, the did not ruin either...
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
PSN: Lord_CBH / Live: LordCBH / Nintendo Network: LordCBH
#10TehRYNOLPosted 4/6/2013 3:29:46 AM
Hopefully Fuse will be good. It seems to be turning out good, but I'm still not sure about it. I feel like Insomniac has fallen off a bit, which is a shame. They used to be my favourite developers. I'll pick up Fuse eventually, but probably not right away.
---
Official Gas Station of the Versus/Agito boards. | PSN: Gowow20
Not changing sig until Dr. Dre releases Detox! Started: October 13th 2009