This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fuse Won't Have an Online Pass or Microtransactions + More Details + 'Spyro'

#11jammiesPosted 4/6/2013 3:30:56 AM
I watched some gameplay, and this game looks pretty good. Say, $30 good.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#12Bestia_SomniaPosted 4/6/2013 3:34:47 AM
Yes they did ruin them.

Resistance 2 changed too much of what made the original such an amazing game. The story mode gets heavy criticism, which it deserves because the final boss is an anti-climatic joke. The multiplayer was terribly unbalanced, which resulted in the community shrinking down pretty fast. Then in a single patch Insomniac managed to buff what was already the most OP weapon in the game, completely ignoring fan feedback and succeeding in killing what remained of the community over night. The game tried to mimic other FPS games too much by adding things like regenerating health, preset class loadouts, perks, killstreaks, ect. Basically everything you don't expect or want when going to buy a Resistance game.

Resistance 3 was decent. It tried to return more to it's roots after Resistance 2 was such a colossal failure amongst the fans, but it didn't stay relevant long because it was too late. Insomniac already drove away most of their fans by that point.

As for Ratchet & Clank - All-4-One & Q-Force are mediocre at best. Q-Force also took a big dump in the mouths of the R&C fanbase by not actually giving away the free Vita version that was promised, which had been cancelled without informing anyone. Insomniac basically mislead people to buy the game, then offered a crappy consolation in an attempt to calm down their consumers that they screwed. The last two R&C games have been major flops - focusing on multiplayer instead of he singleplayer experience that made the series a huge hit in the first place. Also, both games are more buggy than any other R&C games, despite obviously offering infinitely less. Insomniac basically cashed in with these low budget shovelware titles.
---
"Women!? Wutz a women? Iz it brand of serial? a herp to da derp..." - Masashi Kishimoto
#13crazyman32Posted 4/6/2013 3:38:51 AM
AnonUnknown posted...
Spyro has no hands? This is one of the dumbest reasons of all time.

I am sure they were joking don't take it so serious.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#14jammitinPosted 4/6/2013 3:57:27 AM
It's IG so it will start out as a 7-8/10 game before they make a sequel that craps all over the first one. Then they will try to salvage it when it's already too late with a third even more crappy game. I do appreciate the no online pass thing after the R3 debacle. Hopefully we've gotten the whole online pass crap thing behind us now.
---
Bioshock Infinite game of the year so far
#15KenauePosted 4/6/2013 4:31:43 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Yes they did ruin them.

Resistance 2 changed too much of what made the original such an amazing game. The story mode gets heavy criticism, which it deserves because the final boss is an anti-climatic joke. The multiplayer was terribly unbalanced, which resulted in the community shrinking down pretty fast. Then in a single patch Insomniac managed to buff what was already the most OP weapon in the game, completely ignoring fan feedback and succeeding in killing what remained of the community over night. The game tried to mimic other FPS games too much by adding things like regenerating health, preset class loadouts, perks, killstreaks, ect. Basically everything you don't expect or want when going to buy a Resistance game.

Resistance 3 was decent. It tried to return more to it's roots after Resistance 2 was such a colossal failure amongst the fans, but it didn't stay relevant long because it was too late. Insomniac already drove away most of their fans by that point.

As for Ratchet & Clank - All-4-One & Q-Force are mediocre at best. Q-Force also took a big dump in the mouths of the R&C fanbase by not actually giving away the free Vita version that was promised, which had been cancelled without informing anyone. Insomniac basically mislead people to buy the game, then offered a crappy consolation in an attempt to calm down their consumers that they screwed. The last two R&C games have been major flops - focusing on multiplayer instead of he singleplayer experience that made the series a huge hit in the first place. Also, both games are more buggy than any other R&C games, despite obviously offering infinitely less. Insomniac basically cashed in with these low budget shovelware titles.

You should get your facts straight. FFAV wasn't cancelled, it's still in development. Unfortunately Tin Giant (guys making it) are completely incompetent. As far as the two spin offs (A4O, FFA), you not liking them doesn't make them bad. The series is fine.
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
PSN: Lord_CBH / Live: LordCBH / Nintendo Network: LordCBH
#16Guts_LeonheartPosted 4/6/2013 4:45:45 AM
Insomniac is working with EA now, can't say I'm not surprised.
#17Bestia_SomniaPosted 4/6/2013 9:27:02 AM
Kenaue posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Yes they did ruin them.

You should get your facts straight. FFAV wasn't cancelled, it's still in development. Unfortunately Tin Giant (guys making it) are completely incompetent. As far as the two spin offs (A4O, FFA), you not liking them doesn't make them bad. The series is fine.

A4O & FFA are despised amongst many people, not just me. Their sales have been mediocre and fan feedback hasn't been too kind. Just read the forums. Even people that did enjoy them still didn't think they were that good. I'm sorry, but if you like A4O then your standards are depressingly low. It's as buggy as hell, how can you defend such crap? No wonder devs get away with such shoddy work these days. It's practically a shovelware party title with the R&C name slapped on so that it'll sell. It barely even plays like a R&C title. As for FFA, it's nowhere near as bad as A4O, but still - it's multiplayer community is small for a reason. Insomniac are terrible at balancing multiplayer, as they've displayed with Resistance on more than one occasion.
---
"Women!? Wutz a women? Iz it brand of serial? a herp to da derp..." - Masashi Kishimoto
#18Travarkas57(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 11:44:13 AM
AnonUnknown posted...

I am sure they were joking don't take it so serious.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was a joke. :P
---
T r a v a r k a s 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#19JackalfoxPosted 4/7/2013 8:53:50 PM
AnonUnknown posted...

It's the reason they've been giving for over a decade now. They didn't continue making Spyro games because they wanted to do new things, and because of Spyro's body (Four-legged animal), he couldn't do a whole lot. That's why they made Ratchet.
---
Now Playing - Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS), Pokemon HeartGold (DS)
#20NamekianClownPosted 4/7/2013 11:28:42 PM
Part of the reason I'm iffy on Fuse is because I was someone who was actually looking forward to A4O and still haven't played it because I know it'll be crap alone and have no one to play it with. I fear Fuse will be just like A4O in how it's not very good alone, and I'm sure no one I know will be willing to get it either.
---
Segata Sanshiro! Segata Sanshiro! Sega Saturn, Shiro!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNwYPdEBTc