This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Another DEUS EX Is Amazing Topic

#21AzureVergilPosted 4/6/2013 11:03:51 AM(edited)
vashtricham posted...
If it wasn't for the game being too easy and the terrible boss fights it would have been one of the best the fen right now its in the Hall of very good instead of the gall of fame for this fen

They are releasing a ''Director Cut'' edition on the Wii U where they reworked on the boss fights and other stuff like New Game+.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/65867436

I just hope they release it on PS3 too.
#22ElBorak77(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 11:05:24 AM
it said it's on eu psn. why not na psn?
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#23PHEEliNUXPosted 4/6/2013 11:20:21 AM
Binba442 posted...
Play the original first, it's on PC, don't bother with the PS2 edition, just get it on PC, it's 10 years old, and you can regularly get it on price-drop, I got it on steam for $2, it's also DRM free on www.gog.com

Stick with it, the first level is crap, but push on, it gets better.

Skip Deus ex 2, if you want, on PC it's broken, and it sucked anyway.

What is so bad about the PS2 version? I would rather play on a console than a PC
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#24Dark_SpiretPosted 4/6/2013 1:34:51 PM
PHEEliNUX posted...
What is so bad about the PS2 version? I would rather play on a console than a PC
the ps2 version isnt really bad and if its your only option then its a solid choice. that said--
-its framerate is awful in comparison.(20-25fps with hangups into the teens).
-certain scripted moments have been cut due to loading and ram limitations.
-levels have both cut content(nothing MAJOR as far as im aware) and are split up by far more loading screens(pc version the levels are usually one or two big areas you can freely walk around in). Loading times them selves are a LOT longer.
-small character customization options have been cut.
-inventory has been dumbed down as are a few other aspects(i believe keypads are automatically input instead of having to manually figure out and input the codes)

some other stuff im sure but those are the majors. it did improve on the visual presentation, but you can tell they tried to make it more action (and more "user friendly") oriented than its pc counterpart.
---
Currently playing: Bioshock Infinite - Resident Evil 6 - Hotline Miami
#25NeoGeoXSegaPosted 4/6/2013 5:27:24 PM(edited)
Has anyone played the PSN EU version?

Is it the PC version or the PS2 version?
Is it 60fps & 1080p or is it a botched port?
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#26LionheartCJPosted 4/7/2013 11:38:43 AM
NeoGeoXSega posted...
Has anyone played the PSN EU version?

Is it the PC version or the PS2 version?
Is it 60fps & 1080p or is it a botched port?

Its just the PS2 version, sadly. I wish that we got some PC versions of classics too (the RE games, GTA PS2 games)

IIRC their is no framerate problems with the PS2 version, it runs better than it did on my other pc
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q - Best piece of videogame music, ever