This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can people say Splinter Cell HDTrilogy iis bad?

#1bigdeezPosted 4/6/2013 7:16:59 AM
Its the same games as last gen only in hd wtf? Same with Hitman HD its grwat to play these on the ps3
---
I-E-A-I-A-I-O
#2OemeniaPosted 4/6/2013 7:18:28 AM
The framerate is really bad, youre better off playing the OG XBOX version on the 360 since they emulate really well and the first two games really benefit from the added AA.
---
100% PC/PS3/360
#3WeLoveYouPosted 4/6/2013 7:24:58 AM
I played and enjoyed the entire trilogy on the PS3, and I encountered some noticeable framerate issues only with Pandora Tomorrow.
The other two are good framerate-wise, especially CT that runs very silky.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/RainyDusk
#4ThePCElitistPosted 4/6/2013 7:32:30 AM(edited)
Quote:The framerate is really bad, youre better off playing the OG XBOX version on the 360 since they emulate really well and the first two games really benefit from the added AA.
@Oemenia

Is it really that hard to type the word "original"? People are lazy.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#5spud_almightyPosted 4/6/2013 7:50:49 AM
WeLoveYou posted...
I played and enjoyed the entire trilogy on the PS3, and I encountered some noticeable framerate issues only with Pandora Tomorrow.
The other two are good framerate-wise, especially CT that runs very silky.

If that is your idea of a solid frame rate you have my sympathy. This was a terrible port. Especially considering the original XBOX versions look better by a look shot.
#6hockeybub89Posted 4/6/2013 8:04:25 AM
Only HD collection that I have had a rough time with was Silent Hill. I don't remember any significant issues with Splinter Cell. Just lucky I guess.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#7bigdeez(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 8:06:51 AM
Silent hill wasnt bad either
---
I-E-A-I-A-I-O
#8jammiesPosted 4/6/2013 8:07:14 AM
English, Spanish, German, Arabic, Hebrew, Swahili(well, maybe not), Mandarin, Italian, and plenty of other ways.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#9OemeniaPosted 4/6/2013 10:09:05 AM
ThePCElitist posted...
Quote:The framerate is really bad, youre better off playing the OG XBOX version on the 360 since they emulate really well and the first two games really benefit from the added AA.
@Oemenia

Is it really that hard to type the word "original"? People are lazy.
Because sometimes people miss the 'original' part. = P

Also make sure you pick up the Splinter Cell DA for the OG XBOX, its a different game to the 360/PS3 version and is made by the main team in Montreal.
---
100% PC/PS3/360
#10Travarkas57Posted 4/6/2013 10:38:57 AM
The framerate isn't as bad as people make it out to be. The disc versions run just fine, not the digital ones however.
---
T r a v a r k a s 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!