This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Massive video game backlog

#1BreyantPosted 4/6/2013 3:03:24 PM
I probably have at least 20 games on my list that I want to purchase, or already own but haven't finished or even touched. There just aren't enough hours in the day to squeeze in work, real life, and video games.

I'm so far behind on Assassin's Creed, I'm still playing Brotherhood. I just started BioShock 2. Still working on Uncharted 3, Tomb Raider, I haven't even touched Skyrim yet... There are even a few PS2 games I haven't finished!

With PS4 coming out soon-ish, and a shiny new batch of games releasing this year and next, it's getting to the point where I wish I could focus on one game at a time.

So I'm just curious, does anyone else get kind of stressed out thinking about how many video games they want to play? Do you have gamer ADD like me and find it hard to focus on and finish just one game at a time?
---
No one steals my ship. Not even me.
#2sethharris1191Posted 4/6/2013 3:05:31 PM
I have games in my backlog, but there is absolutely no reason to get stressed out about it. I'll get to them when I get to them, and not before.
#3BurgerTime79Posted 4/6/2013 3:10:21 PM
I have a larger backlog than that, and I blame that on sales and finding games I really want on clearance.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#4luigi13579Posted 4/6/2013 3:30:14 PM(edited)
My backlog is absolutely insane now. I have at least 10 games in my backlog on the PS3 alone, but there are games I haven't played on just about every other console I own, and tons on the PC. You're talking dozens upon dozens all in.

It doesn't help that I bought this pack today: http://www.gog.com/promo/hasbro_stacking_weekend_promo_050413

It's a fantastic deal by the way, if you're into classic WRPGs and haven't played those games (although if the former is true, then you probably have played them).
#5Gandalf the IstariPosted 4/6/2013 5:38:31 PM
This is why I tend to lag at least a few years behind. Whats the point of buying a bunch of new stuff when there are a ton of 20$ titles that I still haven't played. I guess if you're big into online multi that would be the only drawback if things sort of turn into desert towns.
#6lanifPosted 4/6/2013 5:43:21 PM
i have 150 games or more don't worry its not worth it
---
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben sometimes she hits me first!!!!
#7wheepitupPosted 4/6/2013 5:47:51 PM
You call 20 games a huge backlog? Try hundreds.
---
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter
#8im_a_legendPosted 4/6/2013 5:48:25 PM
I have 7 games in my backlog but seeing as The Last of Us is most likely to be the only game I buy between now and September I have a while to get through them.
---
What Im about to do is as dangerous as inviting your mum round for an evening on chatroulette
#9Justice98405Posted 4/6/2013 5:59:09 PM
20 games is massive? LOL.

I bet I have 20 JUST as Xbox Live Arcade games and PSN Games alone. And then total games over my PC (including 2-3 MMO's I'm taking breaks from), PS3, 360, Vita (with PSP games on it too), 3DS XL (with DS games as well) and so on, I'll bet I have at LEAST 200 games overall, if not more, I don't wanna take the time to count them up.

So yeah, 20 is EASY dude. :)
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#10Breyant(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 6:28:15 PM
150? 200+? Oh wow lol

I guess 20 is not massive. There are a lot more games I'd LIKE to play, I'm just talking about games I realistically intend to play one day haha.
---
No one steals my ship. Not even me.