This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My ps3 freezes when I eject a bluray.

#11IamAlegend2005(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 9:38:32 PM
any help?
---
My signature is AWESOME!
#12Spartan718Posted 4/6/2013 9:42:50 PM
Are you ejecting them with the button or within the menus?
---
PSN:Spartan_718
"The feeble tremble before opinion,the foolish defy it, the wise judge it, and the skillful direct it" ~ Jeanne Roland
#13delfrickintreePosted 4/6/2013 10:12:54 PM
try restoring filesystem ande/or rebuilding databaase
#14RyuuHou25Posted 4/6/2013 11:21:58 PM
IamAlegend2005 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
IamAlegend2005 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Okay, so when you eject them, it freezes....so I imagine you then turn it off and back on, and when it does this, does it rebuild the database each time?

It could be that your hard drive is going on the fritz, it could be your blu ray lens is going on the fritz, it could be your system is close to getting YLOD.

so what your saying is, im screwed.

Well you didn't answer the question, so I can't be sure. It's a possibility though, yes.

yea it freezes when i eject, not always. but more than often, is there something i can delete in settings? anything

That uh, wasn't what I asked. I inquired if it rebuilds the database each time after it freezes, when you turn it back on.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#15IamAlegend2005(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 11:22:19 PM
delfrickintree posted...

Where is that?

And I got to the ps3 home menu when I eject. I press stop on my remote which takes me to the ps3 menu
---
My signature is AWESOME!
#16IamAlegend2005(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 7:35:27 AM
Bump
---
My signature is AWESOME!
#17RyuuHou25Posted 4/7/2013 7:43:37 AM
IamAlegend2005 posted...
delfrickintree posted...

Where is that?

And I got to the ps3 home menu when I eject. I press stop on my remote which takes me to the ps3 menu

http://www.ps3blog.net/2011/01/28/tips-and-tricks-ps3-rebuild-database-faq-recovery-menu/

Now, if it's doing this anyways when you power it back up after it freezes, then your HD is most likely failing. If any games on your HD are freezing up as well when playing them, then that's most definitely the problem. I would recommend you do a back up to an external ASAP and get a new HD. This is best case scenario.

However, if this does not fix the problem, it could be that your blu ray lens is what is failing, however the signs of that are usually discs skipping/freezing or just not playing/showing up in the XMB in the first place, so given the limited info you have provided, I'm saying that's not likely. If that were the case, however, you would need to replace the blu ray drive entirely.

The worst case scenario, is you are on the road to YLOD. If your system is an older fat model, this is actually the most likely thing happening, as freezing on games/movies and when exiting them is an early warning sign of this. If this is the case, I'd advise you to either do the first thing I told you to do, or get a new PS3 ASAP and simply transfer everything over to it while your current one is still working.

So, you're either going to have to be much more specific about what happens and give more info, or you're going to have to figure it out your own damn self from here on.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB