This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Final Fantasy V on PSN have the load time problem?

#1promo123Posted 4/6/2013 7:20:51 PM
I'd like to play the game, but as far as I know for me it's either PSN or GBA, and I know the PSN download will be a lot easier to get than the GBA cart. Does the PSN version have the PSX load times? Are they really that bad if it does?
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!
#2CammyApplePosted 4/6/2013 7:22:37 PM
promo123 posted...
I'd like to play the game, but as far as I know for me it's either PSN or GBA, and I know the PSN download will be a lot easier to get than the GBA cart. Does the PSN version have the PSX load times? Are they really that bad if it does?

If something was an issue on a PSX disc it's also an issue on the PSN version. I don't recall V having issues on disc but it has been a very long time.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#3promo123(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 7:44:23 PM
But that was loading off the disc, not the console.
---
#4CammyApplePosted 4/6/2013 7:47:16 PM
promo123 posted...
But that was loading off the disc, not the console.

Doesn't matter.

It should but it doesn't.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#5promo123(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 3:01:09 AM
Well that‘s pretty lame. I‘ll probably get it eventually anyway, unless for whatever reason the GBA version is so much better. I prefer playing on a big screen though.
---
#6Stanger5150Posted 4/7/2013 3:08:09 AM
It does, but it's nothing compared to Chrono Trigger. If you've never played it on Super Famicom or GBA, it likely won't even be an issue.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#7seanskatePosted 4/7/2013 3:14:15 AM
if you have an iphone or ipad you can play it on that, it's the most recent version.
---
SEN = BakerBoard
XBL/ WiiU = ClickedButton
#8promo123(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 3:37:24 AM
seanskate posted...
if you have an iphone or ipad you can play it on that, it's the most recent version.

I actually looked at that, but the sprites are pretty meh and don‘t make me think Final Fantasy at all. How bad are the load times on the PS version, anyway? I‘ve never played any of the FF ports.
---
#9Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/7/2013 3:48:01 AM
^ How can they not make you think FINAL FANTASY lol?
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#10djrudenPosted 4/7/2013 4:51:54 AM
I played FFV on PS1 back in the day and have also put in a few hours on it on my PS3 with the downloaded PS+ version I got.

The load times are there but it's hardly game-breaking. Just a little slow. It's not really much of a problem if you have interest in playing the game.