This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

second half of 2013 is going to be interesting for JRPG players

#1sehr0Posted 4/6/2013 10:35:53 PM
Final Fantasy XIV ARR,X HD,Lighting Returns
Tales of Xillia

yum

not to mention other games from other genres like the last of us and beyond.
#2jrr18Posted 4/6/2013 10:38:34 PM
And this is why the jrpg is no longer relevant. you have an mmo thatís failed once a sequel no one wanted and a niche game most people won't play.
---
Victory over the leprechaun werewolves through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#3Devilman_AmonPosted 4/6/2013 10:39:58 PM
Most people wont play either because S-E has failed this gen and people dont want to their wallets sucked dry from them month to month and Namco sucks at marketing their games. Almost worse than Sega
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#4xWantPosted 4/6/2013 10:46:00 PM
No love for Disegea D2?
---
Currently Playing :Persona 4 Arena, HDN Victory
PSN : AntiGenjou
#5theofficefan99Posted 4/6/2013 10:47:56 PM
Yes, I know there's FFX/X-2, KH1.5, LR:FFXIII, XIV:ARR and ToX...

but that's not really all that great.

Final Fantasy X/X-2: This will honestly be a fantastic deal because Final Fantasy X is a phenomenal experience and X-2 is a fun sequel. However, this isn't anything to get excited over because these are the games we already experienced 10-12 years ago.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5: This will be a good deal. Two good/great games, along with a "movie" of another game's cutscenes. However, Kingdom Hearts has never had good writing or a good plot, and again, these are the games we experienced years ago.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII: Come on, now. I'm sure the gameplay will be at least a little fun, and I'm sure that there'll be some (for lack of a better term) epic cutscenes, but this is not what I expect from a JRPG, especially from Final Fantasy. The soundtrack will be mediocre, the dialogue and plot will be awful, and because of the short development time, I expect technical issues galore, along with lots of lazy design decisions.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: The game looks really good (though the combat looks kinda "meh"), but I personally am not comfortable paying monthly. It just pressures me to play the game and that's not how I work, so I'm contemplating whether or not to even bother. I appreciate the things Yoshida is doing with this game, though, and I think it'll be an excellent title.

Tales of Xillia: It'll still feature the mediocre dialogue and plot found in every Tales of game, but the battle system will be great, as will the visuals and soundtrack. I'm mostly excited for this due to the improved presentation and overall much higher budget. The anime cutscenes look incredible. However, this isn't something I'm going to get super excited for since, well, to be frank, it's a Tales of game. And Tales of games usually aren't of the highest quality.

The only JRPG's I'm actually looking forward to are the Monolith Soft WiiU game, Final Fantasy Type-0, and especially Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and Lord knows when we'll see any of these damn titles.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#6IamthekuzalolPosted 4/6/2013 11:00:44 PM
That's interesting? Tales of Xillia is like the only good option out there and even then that doesn't really interest me that much.
#7KingJames304Posted 4/6/2013 11:09:07 PM
No turn-based = no buy.
---
PSN: ModelJames13
I hate locked saves!
#8JackalfoxPosted 4/6/2013 11:12:24 PM
jrr18 posted...
And this is why the jrpg is no longer relevant. you have an mmo thatís failed once a sequel no one wanted and a niche game most people won't play.

- An MMO that has been rebuilt almost completely from the ground up to fix the original version's criticisms while also adding in new content.
- A sequel that, believe it or not, some people did want. After FF13-2, I can't wait to see how Lightning's story ends.
- A niche game that a fair amount of people will play. So what if a ton of people wont' play it? A ton of people don't need to for it to be successful to some degree.
---
Now Playing - Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS), Pokemon HeartGold (DS)
#9jrr18Posted 4/6/2013 11:24:07 PM
Jackalfox posted...
jrr18 posted...

- An MMO that has been rebuilt almost completely from the ground up to fix the original version's criticisms while also adding in new content.
- A sequel that, believe it or not, some people did want. After FF13-2, I can't wait to see how Lightning's story ends.
- A niche game that a fair amount of people will play. So what if a ton of people wont' play it? A ton of people don't need to for it to be successful to some degree.

1 If I make a ship and call it the titanic people will avoid it no matter what because of the fist ship with that name
2 FF13 is one of the most hated games in the FF franchise
3 being a sucsessful niche game won't make it relavent to the industry as a whole
---
Victory over the leprechaun werewolves through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#10lordofthenlpplePosted 4/6/2013 11:28:08 PM
Ill buy Xillia. They just need to release it.