This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

second half of 2013 is going to be interesting for JRPG players

#51Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/8/2013 3:09:30 AM(edited)
theofficefan99 posted...
majin nemesis posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
majin nemesis posted...
kanart posted...
Actually the list is bigger

Coming this Summer
1. Tales of Xillia
2. Dragon's Crown
3. Time and Eternity

Coming this Fall
1. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
2. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix
3. Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness
4. The Guided Fate Paradox

Coming in 2013
1. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (likely Summer)
2. Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster (likely Fall)

and people say that JRPGs are dieing lol

Dragon's Crown looks like a clunky mess, Time and Eternity was panned in Japan, Lightning Returns is being anticipated by a small portion of the fanbase, 1.5 HD and X/X-2 HD are re-releases of games that are over a decade old, Disgaea D2 and Guided Fate Paradox are low-budget games that cater to a small niche audience, and A Realm Reborn and Xillia are probably the only truly good, new titles being released this year, and one of them is a P2P MMO.

Dragon's crown looks original and intersting,
I don't care what Japan thought of Time and Eternity since there's japanese games that are more popular outside of japan and it also looks interenting
Lightning Returns is a must buy
Kingdom hearts 1.5 HD has the final mix version of Kigndom hearts so it's going to sell a lot and it's the same with FFX and X-2
Disgaea D2 and Guided Fate Paradox are going to be bought by every Disgaea fan
and XIllia looks good

so clearly JRPGs are not dieing

It looks original, but it seems kind of clunky. I don't think it'll be as good as Odin Sphere or Muramasa.

Are you kidding me? All that it has going for it is that it's like a playable anime. However, people have stated that the plot is horrible, the artwork is generic, the game's framerate is super low, and the gameplay is horrid. Hell, just go and watch any gameplay video.

No, it isn't. It's a rush job and a cash-in.

I never said it won't sell a lot. Hell, I'm going to buy them. But it's nothing to get super excited over considering that these games are over a decade old. I'm talking specifically about new experiences.

Yeah... and how many are there? Not too many. That is a very small niche fanbase, and those really aren't incredibly great JRPG's. They're conservative and low-budget games.

Yes, Xillia is a good game.

I never said JRPG's are dying. Just that the quality is going down the drain. Have some standards, man.

1) Lightning Returns is definitely not a rush job and cash in.
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 was.

Proof = Completely new mechanics, battle system, tons of huge areas, no DLC, etc.

2) Kingdom Hearts I.5 HD ReMIX is a completely new experience.

-Kingdom Hearts FINAL MIX was never released here.
-Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Movie was never released before.
-Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories was never released here.

As with above, FINAL FANTASY X-2 International is also a completely new experience as it was never released here.
And although FINAL FANTASY X International was released here, it was a broken version running 17% slower with Black Borders, etc.
Now we'll get the correct version (same with all above).

---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#52Willie_MakeitPosted 4/8/2013 4:38:20 AM
jrr18 posted...
And this is why the jrpg is no longer relevant. you have an mmo thatís failed once a sequel no one wanted and a niche game most people won't play.

As an old school Jrpg fan I'm sad to say this statement is true in so many ways.
---
Sig.
#53Pharsti01Posted 4/8/2013 5:04:42 AM
Its kinda funny that almost all the games the TC mentioned dont really interest me (with the exception of Xillia) and yet, all of those jrpgs that do interest me he hasnt mentioned, like Time and Eternity, Dragons Crown, Guided Paradox, Disgaea D2 and so on, but yes, rpg party either way, just not with the same ones.
#54SuperShadowAcePosted 4/8/2013 5:06:16 AM
It's better if you own a 3DS. We got SMT Soul Hackers, SMT 4, M & L Dream Team and Pokemon X & Y on the way.
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.
#55thisranksPosted 4/8/2013 5:07:55 AM
I love these regionally challenged topics. I love seeing how abnormally ignorant these folks can be.

I guess this means it'll be interesting for us normal RPG fans as well, though.
---
She blinded me with region ....
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, and Himari Noihara FTW
#56PHEEliNUXPosted 4/8/2013 5:16:44 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
majin nemesis posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
majin nemesis posted...
kanart posted...
Actually the list is bigger

Coming this Summer
1. Tales of Xillia
2. Dragon's Crown
3. Time and Eternity

Coming this Fall
1. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
2. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix
3. Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness
4. The Guided Fate Paradox

Coming in 2013
1. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (likely Summer)
2. Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster (likely Fall)

and people say that JRPGs are dieing lol

Dragon's Crown looks like a clunky mess, Time and Eternity was panned in Japan, Lightning Returns is being anticipated by a small portion of the fanbase, 1.5 HD and X/X-2 HD are re-releases of games that are over a decade old, Disgaea D2 and Guided Fate Paradox are low-budget games that cater to a small niche audience, and A Realm Reborn and Xillia are probably the only truly good, new titles being released this year, and one of them is a P2P MMO.

Dragon's crown looks original and intersting,
I don't care what Japan thought of Time and Eternity since there's japanese games that are more popular outside of japan and it also looks interenting
Lightning Returns is a must buy
Kingdom hearts 1.5 HD has the final mix version of Kigndom hearts so it's going to sell a lot and it's the same with FFX and X-2
Disgaea D2 and Guided Fate Paradox are going to be bought by every Disgaea fan
and XIllia looks good

so clearly JRPGs are not dieing

It looks original, but it seems kind of clunky. I don't think it'll be as good as Odin Sphere or Muramasa.

Are you kidding me? All that it has going for it is that it's like a playable anime. However, people have stated that the plot is horrible, the artwork is generic, the game's framerate is super low, and the gameplay is horrid. Hell, just go and watch any gameplay video.

No, it isn't. It's a rush job and a cash-in.

I never said it won't sell a lot. Hell, I'm going to buy them. But it's nothing to get super excited over considering that these games are over a decade old. I'm talking specifically about new experiences.

Yeah... and how many are there? Not too many. That is a very small niche fanbase, and those really aren't incredibly great JRPG's. They're conservative and low-budget games.

Yes, Xillia is a good game.

I never said JRPG's are dying. Just that the quality is going down the drain. Have some standards, man.

They are great games, And it being "Low-budget" doesn't mean it suck, It is better than most if not all high-budget JRPG games
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#57Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/8/2013 5:40:14 AM
SuperShadowAce posted...
It's better if you own a 3DS. We got SMT Soul Hackers, SMT 4, M & L Dream Team and Pokemon X & Y on the way.

As well as a VITA with:

-Ys: Foliage Ocean in Celceta
-Soul Sacrifice
-FINAL FANTASY X International HD
-FINAL FANTASY X-2 International HD
-Dragon's Crown
-Muramasa Rebirth
-Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland
-God Eater 2
-Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth
-Hyperdimension Idol Neptunia PP
-Rainbow Moon
-Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
-Phantasy Star Online 2
-Valhalla Knights 3
-Toukiden
-The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Flash

And hopefully, Tales of Hearts R, Tales of Innocence R and FINAL FANTASY Type-0.

You also forgot Bravely Default: Flying Fairy and Dragon Quest VII.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#58IamthekuzalolPosted 4/8/2013 5:54:51 AM
What has niche got to do with quality. Since the dawn of earth, Jrpg has always been a niche genre (aside from FF and some square titles). It's like saying that all jrpg on the Snes, PS, PS2, etc sucked because they are niche, i swear to god that this board is really filled with dumb people.
#59ShineboxerPosted 4/8/2013 6:10:10 AM
SuperShadowAce posted...

As well as a VITA with:

-Ys: Foliage Ocean in Celceta
-Soul Sacrifice
-FINAL FANTASY X International HD
-FINAL FANTASY X-2 International HD
-Dragon's Crown
-Muramasa Rebirth
-Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland
-God Eater 2
-Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth
-Hyperdimension Idol Neptunia PP
-Rainbow Moon
-Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
-Phantasy Star Online 2
-Valhalla Knights 3
-Toukiden
-The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Flash

And hopefully, Tales of Hearts R, Tales of Innocence R and FINAL FANTASY Type-0.

You also forgot Bravely Default: Flying Fairy and Dragon Quest VII.

Almost all of those are ports or rehashes, but just the amount of games might convince me to get a Vita.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#60heartlesshero17Posted 4/8/2013 6:24:06 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
Godly_Goof posted...
Nah it was my bad I was thinking of Drakengard 3 :/

They all sound alike.

Oh, lol. Well based on Cavia's history the gameplay won't be too good in D3, but everything else will be phenomenal, which is a shame. These games deserve better gameplay and a much larger budget. D3 looks like a launch PSP game.

Funny enough, it is still the one rpg I am absolutely positive I will buy this year. And if okabe impresses me half as much as he did in Nier or if he gets Emi Evans to sing a couple of tracks again, then I'd actually go and buy the ost this time
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception