This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Okay...Questions about Umineko and Umineko Chiru for PS3. (Spoilers for ending)

#1Eric_CoronaPosted 4/7/2013 1:21:04 PM(edited)
My friend and I have been playing Umineko and Umineko Chiru for PS3 for the past couple of months, me handling the controls, while she translates to me as best as she can what the text is saying. (Since this game was not localized).

Now, we both got the gist of what was going on, but the thing is...what EXACTLY is the TRUTH of what happened in Rokenjima of October 4th, and 5th 1986 (sorry if I got the date wrong). I know that the pieces of the truth are there but I just can't wrap my head on it. Because if there were 8 "games" in total of Rokenjima, are they all "truth", is only one of them "truth" or is the "truth" spread through all 8?

Also, I don't understand what Ange has to do with anything except motivating Battler in EP4. I mean, she could have not existed in the story, and I feel it would have been fine, except EP8 since that revolves around Battler being the new "game master" showing Ange (young Ange) what happened on Rokenjima.

And how did Battler even become game master? Did they "kill" Beatrice or something? There were some parts where my friend was iffy on what they were saying or what was happening.

Also, the Witch's Epitaph. What exactly was the answer for this? We know Erika Furudo and Battler solved it, but there was something about a book, and and island or city or something...Oh and one thing that bothered me about EP5 was that who exactly was contacting Natsuhi (who called himself her "son")? And also why did the Twilight killings according to the Epitaph still happen even though they solved it.

This was an interesting game/story, but man, I just don't get what they were saying the "Truth" was...

Oh and this game was simply "Paaaaafeckto!!" considering the atmospshere and just how it was overall.
---
"So...what's it gonna be? Will you choose to ally?
...Or to betray?"
#2Eric_Corona(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 11:59:27 AM
bump
---
...Or to betray?"
#328jfjPosted 4/8/2013 4:22:23 PM(edited)
It's been awhile since I played/read Umineko so my memory is pretty hazy on this but I'll give the questions a crack.

There is no exact "Truth" for what happened on Rokkenjima, there are pieces of "Truth" spread throughout the episodes however the mystery remains at the end "Schrodinger's cat" ,as in there are many ways in which the tragedy could have occurred for example with varying criminals, the truth remains unknown, as such is free for speculation.
Also at the end with Featherine, she didn't reveal the "Truth" from Eva's diary so it is left a mystery.
The only "Truth" you can say for certain is that Eva was the only known survivor. (I think also the explosion)

Ange is not part of the actual Rokkenjima tragedy and her role was to act as the reader of the story as she tries discover what exactly happened on the Island (if I remember correctly)
Also in Episode 8 Battler is just showing Ange a story he made as if the tragedy never occured and she was on the Island.

Battler became Game Master as he inherited the Gameboard from Beatrice (as she died) this is because Battler managed to discover the truth himself of what actually happened and so able to make his own stories.

The Epitaph can really only be solved (unfortunately) if you can read the original Japanese text (some parts of it had to do with the Kanji's I think).
Also it gave directions to Eva,Battler and Erika on how to reach the land of gold (as in the room with the gold bars)

In Episode 5, the one contacting Natsuhi was Lambda from looking outside of the gameboard. If I can remember correctly, the episode was done in a way in which to set up the theory of Natsuhi being the culprit of the case.

Plus, the murders can still occur even though the epitaph is solved (as shown from EP7) solving the Epitaph only stops the original culprit "Yasu/Beatrice/Shkanon" from causing the deaths.

======
Also you can play the PC version of the game as has an English Patch (if you want to go over Umineko again with English text) for all of the episodes and I think there is a PS3 Patch to replace the sprites
---
The truth of the world is beyond the realm of common sense
#4Eric_Corona(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 11:51:11 AM
28jfj posted...
It's been awhile since I played/read Umineko so my memory is pretty hazy on this but I'll give the questions a crack.

There is no exact "Truth" for what happened on Rokkenjima, there are pieces of "Truth" spread throughout the episodes however the mystery remains at the end "Schrodinger's cat" ,as in there are many ways in which the tragedy could have occurred for example with varying criminals, the truth remains unknown, as such is free for speculation.
Also at the end with Featherine, she didn't reveal the "Truth" from Eva's diary so it is left a mystery.
The only "Truth" you can say for certain is that Eva was the only known survivor. (I think also the explosion)

Ange is not part of the actual Rokkenjima tragedy and her role was to act as the reader of the story as she tries discover what exactly happened on the Island (if I remember correctly)
Also in Episode 8 Battler is just showing Ange a story he made as if the tragedy never occured and she was on the Island.

Battler became Game Master as he inherited the Gameboard from Beatrice (as she died) this is because Battler managed to discover the truth himself of what actually happened and so able to make his own stories.

The Epitaph can really only be solved (unfortunately) if you can read the original Japanese text (some parts of it had to do with the Kanji's I think).
Also it gave directions to Eva,Battler and Erika on how to reach the land of gold (as in the room with the gold bars)

In Episode 5, the one contacting Natsuhi was Lambda from looking outside of the gameboard. If I can remember correctly, the episode was done in a way in which to set up the theory of Natsuhi being the culprit of the case.

Plus, the murders can still occur even though the epitaph is solved (as shown from EP7) solving the Epitaph only stops the original culprit "Yasu/Beatrice/Shkanon" from causing the deaths.

======
Also you can play the PC version of the game as has an English Patch (if you want to go over Umineko again with English text) for all of the episodes and I think there is a PS3 Patch to replace the sprites

Thank you for answering my questions. THe only reason I played the PS3 version is because I can't install Umineko on my laptop. it lags, horribly...

Oh and Eva does die in EP1 and 2 I think...so really, she isn't a survivor in all of them
Anyways, that totally sucks that english speakers/readers can't solve the Epitaph! :( Darn...
---
...Or to betray?"