This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioshock series

#1EmpireKing01Posted 4/7/2013 1:57:55 PM
I want to play Infinite, but haven't played any of the others. Would that take away from the story/experience of Infinite somehow?
---
caps
#2kupo1705Posted 4/7/2013 1:58:37 PM
You should play the first one before Infinite.
Bioshock 2 is irrelevant.
#3anonymous46773Posted 4/7/2013 2:05:05 PM(edited)
Yeah, Bioshock 1 definitely deserves a playthrough. You really don't need the second game. Though no, you won't be lost if you just go straight to Infinite. You'll just appreciate a couple of parts more if you played the first one.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#4zooknutPosted 4/7/2013 2:04:37 PM
bioshock 1 and 2 is all about rapture and is me favorite one two punch of all time in gaming...infinite is an adjustment if u play 1 and 2 beforehand cuz its different gameplay and different place...if u haven't played any I would start from the beginning? bioshock 1 and 2 are cheap so would u kindly just concentrate on rapture for now...Columbia can wait...rapture is better anyway :)
#5daigre7Posted 4/7/2013 2:06:15 PM
Doesn't Infinite come with the original Bioshock? Just get Infinite, but start with the original.
---
PSN - Hand_Banana
#6zooknutPosted 4/7/2013 2:07:09 PM
anonymous46773 posted...
Yeah, Bioshock 1 definitely deserves a playthrough. You really don't need the second game.

bioshock 2 was freaking awesome...even Levine himself said so and he wasn't involved in it...these guys probably hadn't even played it
#7_Shikoba_Posted 4/7/2013 2:07:51 PM
If I'm not mistaken, BioShiock Infinite on PS3 comes with Bioshock (I have it on pc, can't be sure).

And you really don't need to play Bioshock before Infinite. I found Infinite better then previous BioShock games personally... but it's all opinion.
---
NNID: Shikoba
PSN: Bad_Brains
#8anonymous46773Posted 4/7/2013 2:12:06 PM
these guys probably hadn't even played it

Was bored out of my mind. I stopped at a place that was called something like Siren Alley. Mechanically, it was decent, but seeing Rapture a second time wasn't that amazing, and the story was really dull. And I didn't like playing as a Big Daddy. So yes. I have played it. I just didn't like it.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#9zooknutPosted 4/7/2013 2:24:35 PM
anonymous46773 posted...
these guys probably hadn't even played it

Was bored out of my mind. I stopped at a place that was called something like Siren Alley. Mechanically, it was decent, but seeing Rapture a second time wasn't that amazing, and the story was really dull. And I didn't like playing as a Big Daddy. So yes. I have played it. I just didn't like it.

personally I couldn't get enough of rapture and siren alley is where it started to get more exciting...playing as a big daddy was intriguing to me and didn't really care cuz I was back in rapture with the hacking turrets and collecting adam and little sisters,,,god to each there own...how could u not like that? I played thru bio 2 four times
#10danny_S_06Posted 4/7/2013 2:37:14 PM
The second game is great as well, don't get everyone's beef, you play as a Big Daddy, more plasmid variety, dual wield, what's not to like?