This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the best game opening?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What is the best game opening?
3 years ago#101
Final Fantasy X - Not the flashforward/back to the Zanarkand Ruins, but the actual opening cutscene from Zanarkand with the Blaitzball and Auron and Sin and Otherworld playing. From that moment, I knew the game would be awesome, and I wasn't disappointed.
3 years ago#102
Witcher 2
3 years ago#103
The opening videos to the Mortal Kombat games on the last generation of consoles(Deadly Alliance excepted).
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
3 years ago#104
Anything not dragonball Z budokai 3 is wrong.
GT: DeLaMal
LoL: Cascayde
3 years ago#105
heartlesshero17 posted...
Happy to see some Onimusha 3 votes. God why did that series even end?

As a huge fan of the series, I have to say that with how Capcom's been handling things, I'm kind of glad it ended...
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20
3 years ago#106
For me it's between Onimusha 3, (It'd be Oni 2 if it weren't for that dumb theater part introducing the characters) and Nier; not the opening that plays when you boot the game, but the one that plays when you actually start the game:

Snow in Summer is one of the best tracks in the game and the way it builds up through the battle is amazing.
By the way I would warn anyone that is currently playing or that plans to play Nier not to follow that link, the recommended videos at the side have a spoiler in them.

I like games with anime style openings fine but they're just far too generic to be considered the best.
Garrus is the Greatest bro in gaming.
Devil May Cry 2 is the best 3rd person shooter ever made.
3 years ago#107
Dragpn Ball Z Boudikai 3 and Onimusha 3 are the correct choices.
3 years ago#108
Final Fantasy VIII
What in the name of?
3 years ago#109
Final Fantasy X! Seeing that opening made me buy a PS2. :)
"In 1948, at the request of a dying boy, baseball legend Babe Ruth ate seventy-five hot dogs, then died of hot dog poisoning." - Fact Sphere.
3 years ago#110
Kingdom Hearts 1

Monkey Island 3

No Time To Explain
The best plans are the ones that don't work unless you wing it along the way. -Skandrae
Support Project Crystallis!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What is the best game opening?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived