This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are the biggest game faults that made you go...

#41ShineboxerPosted 4/8/2013 5:06:14 PM
Still having boring ass JRPG with archaic gameplay.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#42StephieGamerPosted 4/8/2013 6:18:00 PM(edited)
Justice98405 posted...
WOW!
NOBODY has said the massive fail that was the Diablo 3 launch. The servers were so bogged down many of us couldn't reliably play the game...
I thought that was bad, and then this year we get the even WORSE launch of SimCity.

This is the PS3 board. Most of us on this board don't care about those two PC games, and that is why no one mentioned it.
---
My name's Reggie. I'm about kickin' ass. I'm about takin' names. And we're about makin' games.
#43kingofall214Posted 4/8/2013 6:18:32 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
Long loading screens.

This. PC elitist are playing with the best tech available and sometimes have to deal with long load times. That is unacceptable.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#44DrunkBeardGuyPosted 4/8/2013 6:25:41 PM
You can jump and climb over all this stuff, but that little box? No, we want you to go around.

**** whoever decided that was a good idea.
---
May the odds be ever in your favor
http://i.imgur.com/C41sDRQ.gif
#45king_maddenPosted 4/9/2013 10:48:45 AM
jimihendrixfrk posted...
king_madden posted...
jimihendrixfrk posted...
Not being able to save ANYWHERE. I played PC games IN THE 90s that could do this. We have ridiculous amounts of memory since then. There's no excuse!

people/devs want harder games.

kind of takes a little away if before you do everything you can just save before it. that usually leads to you not trying as hard, because if you lose its no biggie.

Being able to save doesn't make killing an enemy easier. Nor does it make them hit for less damage. Being able to save anywhere just makes it so I don't have to repeat anything that I ALREADY SUCCEEDED AT! That has nothing to do with difficulty.

knowing you have to go all the way back if you die adds a sense of urgency.
#46skeithxthPosted 4/9/2013 10:54:20 AM
Diablo 3 and SimCity.

If I need to point out said faults then I have lost all faith in humanity.
---
Yo Sephiroth, I'm really happy for you, and imma let you finish but Kefka Palazzo is the best Final Fantasy villain of all time.
#47jimihendrixfrkPosted 4/9/2013 12:47:11 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
jimihendrixfrk posted...
Being able to save doesn't make killing an enemy easier. Nor does it make them hit for less damage. Being able to save anywhere just makes it so I don't have to repeat anything that I ALREADY SUCCEEDED AT! That has nothing to do with difficulty.

You're saying beating 1 guy and saving 10 times is just as hard as beating 10 guys in a row?

I'm saying it doesn't add anything to the challenge. The only way it can be seen as harder is that it is more tedious to kill 10 enemies that you already HAVE killed than 1 enemy you HAVE NOT. Is that really the kind of "difficulty" you want to be asking for?
---
I can't write coherent sentences, so I use pictures. - MourningReigns
#48agrissaPosted 4/9/2013 12:48:43 PM
Games being shallower and more dumbed down then ever, and graphics being less colorful and attractive even with superior hardware. What's up with that?
---
DMC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DmC
#49AlltraPosted 4/9/2013 12:50:56 PM
Online Multiplayer games that don't allow you to play solo using NPCs. A lot of older MP games allow you to do this, but as soon as Online took over all of a sudden they disappeared. What happened to my options game developers? I want them back thanks.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#50king_maddenPosted 4/9/2013 1:10:49 PM
Justice98405 posted...
WOW!

NOBODY has said the massive fail that was the Diablo 3 launch. The servers were so bogged down many of us couldn't reliably play the game (which can ONLY be played while connected to the internet) for days after it's highly anticipated release.

I thought that was bad, and then this year we get the even WORSE launch of SimCity. People couldn't log into the servers (again, the game requires you to be connected to play) for a full week in some cases without insane waits, and EA/Maxis had to turn OFF features left and right to get the game and it's servers in a playable state.

You all have mention small, tiny things in comparison to these two horrible launches. And what's worse, both are very cool games, they just had serious stumbles upon launch.

i think no one mentioned those because they are rare occurences and always online games like that havent been common. i think tc was speaking more of things in games that were there in ps2 and older years that shouldve been fixed by now. there arent exactly a whole lot of games that have the same kind of structure as d3 or simcity, so you cant really say it shouldve been fixed by now.