This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DARK SOULS 2 info coming APRIL 11th

#1zerooo0Posted 4/7/2013 6:08:03 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Dark-Souls-2-More-Information-Coming-April-11th-54404.html

YAY. From I'm super excited for this.Especially after the stuff I've been hearing about it.
---
Injustice Gods Among Us most anticipated to play as characters: Raven, Aquaman, Deathstroke, & Cyborg.
#2Skull007o_OPosted 4/7/2013 6:10:18 PM
Totally looking forward to it, as long as they don't nerf the difficulty
#3harcoreblazerPosted 4/7/2013 6:12:04 PM
Skull007o_O posted...
Totally looking forward to it, as long as they don't nerf the difficulty

This.
---
Starting a flame war is easy, the hard part is ending it.
Official funyarinpa of the 999 boards.
#4coolsurfer800Posted 4/7/2013 6:15:10 PM
I think you will be able to choose the difficulty level. Won't feel the same :(
---
No, John. You are the demons.
PSN = chuckyhacks
#5EternalNetherPosted 4/7/2013 6:24:15 PM
I'm the opposite of you guys. I won't be interested until they either nerf the difficulty or put in the option to choose your difficulty setting.
---
Soul Silver FC: 4084-5736-0282
#6zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 6:26:03 PM
EternalNether posted...
I'm the opposite of you guys. I won't be interested until they either nerf the difficulty or put in the option to choose your difficulty setting.

I'm all for giving the option of different difficulty settings, but it would be stupid for them to completely nerf the difficulty.

The Difficulty is a Dark/Demon Souls series special. It's partially one of the major factors that defines the series. So for them to nerf it completely would be like a complete smack in the face to the fans.
---
Injustice Gods Among Us most anticipated to play as characters: Raven, Aquaman, Deathstroke, & Cyborg.
#7Skull007o_OPosted 4/7/2013 6:31:03 PM
I don't mind difficulty settings, if all, it'd be great to attract more people to the game, and thus, earning more money, which is a good thing
#8awesomephatmanPosted 4/7/2013 6:44:49 PM(edited)
Skull007o_O posted...
I don't mind difficulty settings, if all, it'd be great to attract more people to the game, and thus, earning more money, which is a good thing

For the publisher maybe. But as a consumer I don't want multiple difficulty levels.

It dilutes the experience and makes video games more about appealing to as many as possible and less about making a game as good as possible with intentional mechanics and difficulty balance.

Would Dark Souls be a more accessible and probably enjoyable game for more players, if it offered an "easy" difficulty? Yes, but I and many other players would hate that. That's not in keeping with the spirit or game design of the franchise.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tinyraptor
My life is a cup of sugar I borrowed before time began and forgot to return
#9crazyman32Posted 4/7/2013 6:49:51 PM
awesomephatman posted...
Skull007o_O posted...

For the publisher maybe. But as a consumer I don't want multiple difficulty levels.

It dilutes the experience and makes video games more about appealing to as many as possible and less about making a game as good as possible with intentional mechanics and difficulty balance.

Would Dark Souls be a more accessible and probably enjoyable game for more players, if it offered an "easy" difficulty? Yes, but I and many other players would hate that. That's not in keeping with the spirit or game design of the franchise.

Agreed.They shouldn't nerf the difficulty and if the game is too hard that you need an easy difficulty where enemies fall over from you sneezing at them then,Dark Souls series is not for you.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#10DelsinRowePosted 4/7/2013 6:50:27 PM
awesomephatman posted...
Skull007o_O posted...

They don't have to necessarily change mechanics if they put in multiple difficulty levels. They could simply just make attacks less damaging to you or something like that.
---
You are not in control.