This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Metal Gear Rising or DmC?

#111NessaJ_TuNPosted 4/10/2013 2:17:14 AM
All of you DmC haters are such a bs, I doubt any of you even playing, but only talking out of your ass like its the worst game ever. Grow the f*** up and be open minded. I am okay with people that have legitimate reason but most of you hating due to Tameem's remarks and just for the fact its a reboot/different take on the series are laughable. This is DMC, not DmC, judge for what it is, a western take on DMC. If you havent played the game, you have no right to judge the game, that's why user reviews are bunch of jokes, critics is where is at, because we know they play the game and some of you even comparing that pathetic Anarchy Reigns and Crappy NG3 to DmC, seriously? you gotta be kidding me.

I admit I am one of the guys that hate DmC based on demo, then reviews came in, that's where I decided to try the game before talking crap about it for no reason, cos I like to support good game and good developer. In industry when everything dominated by Military shooter, atleast there is one developer out there that still want to make hack and slash game and it turned out DmC is a good hack and slash game, while the story is inconsistent, there is actually some good moment in it.

I definitely get what I expected from western developer, its a perfect mix between Japanese style and western style hack and slash gameplay, its like DMC combined with Heavenly Sword touch which is something fresh. mind you that this is not DMC which is Japanese game, this is DmC and I think this is the best game from Ninja Theory yet and they should deserve more respect than you butthurt kids throwing too. Judge for what is is, stop being close minded like Japanese gamers.

My personal opinion on which one is a better game between MGR and DmC. get both, both are great games in their own right. I gave them both 9/10, I think both of them deserve the same respect. MGR if you looking for over the top style action ala Platinum Games, DmC if you looking for western hack and slash game like Castlevania LoS, Heavenly Sword or GoW, but it has more depth on the combat, since it has DMC feel to it.
#112NessaJ_TuNPosted 4/10/2013 2:37:03 AM(edited)
ScreamingMidget posted...

Donte doesn't play smooth in the slightest. I find Kasumi, Ayane and Momiji much more responsive. The biggest problem NG3RE has is the HUGE left analog stick deadzone.

But yeah, Itagaki needs to come back...or release Devil's Third already. -_-

No its not, I have been playing the game back to back. Ayane, Kasumi and Momiji still not as responsive as Donte and Vergil there, especially the block button and sometime they just stood there doing nothing, the delay input is so noticeable, its not even funny. its like a newbie just learning making a hack and slash game. heck Ayane and Momiji is not even responsive as the one in NGS 2, they should just copy paste the coding in the first place. NG3 has the worst delay input in any hack and slash game ever. No need for Itagaki, PG, Mercury, Santa Monica, Suda 51 can do better job than this crap developer like seriously.
#113ScreamingMidgetPosted 4/10/2013 3:57:30 AM(edited)
NessaJ_TuN posted...

Donte doesn't play smooth in the slightest. I find Kasumi, Ayane and Momiji much more responsive. The biggest problem NG3RE has is the HUGE left analog stick deadzone.

But yeah, Itagaki needs to come back...or release Devil's Third already. -_-

No its not, I have been playing the game back to back. Ayane, Kasumi and Momiji still not as responsive as Donte and Vergil there, especially the block button and sometime they just stood there doing nothing, the delay input is so noticeable, its not even funny. its like a newbie just learning making a hack and slash game. heck Ayane and Momiji is not even responsive as the one in NGS 2, they should just copy paste the coding in the first place. NG3 has the worst delay input in any hack and slash game ever. No need for Itagaki, PG, Mercury, Santa Monica, Suda 51 can do better job than this crap developer like seriously.

It's really not as bad as Donte's. Then again, I haven't played DmC in a long time, since I resold that piece of garbage after finishing it. I certainly remember Donte to be more sluggish, though...

That, and the ridiculous controls. I found the double tap moves to be a pain in the ass to pull off, probably because I'm used to responsive controls. For example, 90% of the time, Donte would Stinger towards the camera, instead of the direction I pushed the stick in.

NG3 seems to have problems with a lot of enemies on screen. There's a very noticable increase in delay when there are a lot of enemies on screen. This applies especially to the block/dodge. Paired with the huuuuge deadzone of the stick, it's a huge pain sometimes.

The truth is, both games are an abomination compared to their predecessors.

TheCalibrator posted...

DmC sucks!
Why's that?
Because Ninja Theory made it, and all their games suck!
Most of their games have pretty good scores all around, including DmC.
Pff! Any idiot knows that critic reviews are paid off!
Well, okay. What about user reviews then?
All users hate Ninja Theory games!
I dunno about that. Aggregated, DmC has borderline average user reviews, while user reviews for other NT games are fairly above average.
Because users are all idiots! Everyone knows that!
Okay, so then what makes you argument better than anyone else's?
Because I have standards!
Once again, what makes you personal standards worth more than somebody else's? Why is your opinion heavier than theirs?
*copy and pastes user info* Obvious troll is obvious!

Typical conversation with a DmC dis-enthusiast. As you might notice, not once did I support or hate on DmC - I merely questioned the reasoning, and all I ever get met with is a sheer abundance of stupidity.

Typical conversation with a DmC-pro:

Anti: DmC is bad because....*lists 10+ legitimate reasons*
Pro: You just buttmad because they changed his hair
Anti: *explains reasoning again* Why do you think DmC is so good?
Pro: ...b-because...it has a high rating on metacritic, reviewers love it, the old games were godawful, and it pisses you trolls off!
Anti: /facepalm

So, what is your point? This is the internet. Stupidity is all over the place.
#114GamenamebullyPosted 4/10/2013 4:56:47 AM
Where is the option for both?

Am I really one of the only people who prefer both over one or the other?
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#115Vergil92Posted 4/10/2013 5:06:39 AM
Metal Gear Rising. It's a bit short, but it has a really fun combat system, epic boss fights and an amazing soundtrack.

DmC on the other hand, I'd suggest picking up once it's price drops to about $20. The combat in it is alright, but I felt it was a little lacking.
---
PSN: Mr_Scott_Kennedy
#116theshovellerPosted 4/10/2013 7:19:02 AM
TheCalibrator posted...

DmC sucks!
Why's that?
Because Ninja Theory made it, and all their games suck!
Most of their games have pretty good scores all around, including DmC.
Pff! Any idiot knows that critic reviews are paid off!
Well, okay. What about user reviews then?
All users hate Ninja Theory games!
I dunno about that. Aggregated, DmC has borderline average user reviews, while user reviews for other NT games are fairly above average.
Because users are all idiots! Everyone knows that!
Okay, so then what makes you argument better than anyone else's?
Because I have standards!
Once again, what makes you personal standards worth more than somebody else's? Why is your opinion heavier than theirs?
*copy and pastes user info* Obvious troll is obvious!

Typical conversation with a DmC dis-enthusiast. As you might notice, not once did I support or hate on DmC - I merely questioned the reasoning, and all I ever get met with is a sheer abundance of stupidity.

Typical conversation with a DmC-pro:

Anti: DmC is bad because....*lists 10+ legitimate reasons*
Pro: You just buttmad because they changed his hair
Anti: *explains reasoning again* Why do you think DmC is so good?
Pro: ...b-because...it has a high rating on metacritic, reviewers love it, the old games were godawful, and it pisses you trolls off!
Anti: /facepalm

So, what is your point? This is the internet. Stupidity is all over the place.

That's true in both cases. I don't care if people dislike a game because of fairly valid reasons - hell, even if they don't like it because of reasons I think might be BS, it doesn't matter. The only thing that grinds my gears is when, regardless of their stance and the person they're arguing with, someone treats someone else as "inferior" or in a roundabout way insults someone else for liking or not liking a game.

I hate the people who like Devil May Cry and insult people who do not like it, by sheer virtue of them not liking it, as much as I hate the people who hate Devil May Cry and insult people who do like it, by sheer virtue of them liking it. This includes "Well, it's okay to have bad, horrible taste in games - just admit that you do!" or "You're just angry that his hair isn't white, you're being stupid!"
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"