This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ni No Kuni 40 bucks at amazon right now, should I bite?

#31AlltraPosted 4/8/2013 2:36:54 PM
I thought, and still do think, the game was worth it for the $120 I spent on the Wizard's Edition, so if you can find it for $40 and want to try it, go for it.

Of course, if you wait a little longer, you might be able to find it for even less, but you run the risk of it becoming rare and having the price skyrocket.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#32theGodPantiesPosted 4/8/2013 2:38:20 PM
Should have been a 15 bone psn game.

Y they ported a DS game over makes no sense.
---
FACT: Demon's Souls: rpg of the millennium
#33SigmaHacielPosted 4/8/2013 3:38:48 PM
LORD_LMAO posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
BurgerTime79 posted...
Most people just try and find stuff to complain about with this game, and when someone says to pick it up for under $20, they can usually be ignored. This is one of the better RPGs that I've played on the PS3. I picked up the Wizard Edition, and have no regrets spending the money.

Nobody has to try. The game has actual and obvious issues.

like what?

Story - after the DS portion of the game, it falls apart. It gets a "big bad" essentially shoe-horned into it like Persona 4 does. Above that, you never get a reason to care much for anything going on. Xenoblade does a "loss of close individual" within moments of the start of the game, but unlike NNK, it WORKED for Xenoblade.

Characters - All pretty shallow. And none of them deliver their lines in a way that makes them feel all that alive. It isn't delivered as if bored, but just not wholly into it. And most of the "big" characters are easily forgotten. Nobody has any real lasting appeal or impact.

Music - Great for the first hour until you realize it is a movie-quality soundtrack on a game that doesn't deserve it. Battle themes especially are hideously out of place after a few fights.

Combat - AI path tracking is a joke. Familiars, design-wise and battle-wise, are jokes. You could use the starters and some of your favorites without hassle. The spells have no real unique-ness, and you rarely need to use the "proper" spells anyway. Melee attacks are all standard as well. Things that would logically be "ranged" melee types aren't. Spells run over each other, so if you are starting a big spell when ANYONE else is, you get overwritten. Or item usage. Or anything.

Pacing - Fine when you realize the game is all one big tutorial. Even when you get to explore, someone will open their mouth and let you know where you should be going. And side-quests are a joke. Fetch quests, and yet most fetch quests involve fetching things for one person from another person IN THE SAME TOWN.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.