This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you like Resident Evil 6 (action/shooter)... or Resident Evil Classic style ?

#41danny_S_06Posted 4/8/2013 10:11:10 AM
RE4 is the perfect balance of both.
--

Um,NO, JUST NO.

RE4 is just as bad as 5 and 6, well only slightly less so.

I HATE RE4 5 and 6.

I admit I like some of the changes RE4 gave which was the aiming, smart enemies,camera placement.
What I don't like is everything else which means lack of enemy variety, game was TOO LONG, story had nothing to do with Umbrella for the most part, lack of puzzles, puzzles that are so dumbed down brain dead chimps could solve, Ashley or even having a partner in general (even though it was only in some parts of the game, 5 and 6 made it now we have partners the whole games which is a BIG NO from me. I hate multiplayer, I hate being forced to play 2 player and I won't buy or play those games period)

Alright it's only my opinion.

The game received many awards and sold millions so no, it's not as bad as RE6, you may think it is so, that's your opinion and its very much in the minority.

What annoys me just as much as people who praise the hell of out of the travesty that is RE6 are those classic fans that refuse to accept change, I bet if RE4 didn't revamp the formula the same people would be saying it's become stale.

It had to change, shame it changed too much and eventually became a linear corridor cinematic shooter like RE6.
#42LionheartCJPosted 4/8/2013 10:30:27 AM
Classic RE

I loved the slower paced gameplay of the older games
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q - Best piece of videogame music, ever
#43Vohn_ExelPosted 4/8/2013 10:40:50 AM
I want a hybrid. Give me the controls and camera of RE 6, but give me everything else RE 1-3. Take away missions, give us a big environment and leave some sensible puzzles around. Jump scares are a lame form of horror, so step it up with atmosphere. The controls of RE 6 are the best TPS controls I've ever played. But missions and never returning to an area really removes the immersion.
---
Black FC: 0003 3193 6389/
I have nothing witty to put here
#44chaosflame108Posted 4/8/2013 1:13:45 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
So, since every RE game this gen has been trash, I should preorder the next one? Lol! Ok.

XD lol this guy.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#45AnthonM2Posted 4/8/2013 3:08:59 PM
RE6 is awesome, I hope Capcom never returns to the old style.
#46slymshadyPosted 4/8/2013 3:50:51 PM
Both styles are great and get me hard
#47Draconas_LyrrPosted 4/8/2013 4:02:27 PM
I like 6, but I wish it was closer to how 5 played. But as far as game play goes, I prefer 6 over the originals. (I don't like the survival horror game play style though, I want enough bullets to shoot everything, and still have a ton left over.)
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#48OMEGA RUGALPosted 4/8/2013 4:09:43 PM
I like both but prefer classic style.

Classic style is more survival horror.

The new games are basically action games like Metal Gear Solid just with less stealth and more shooting.

That is pretty cool and all but it's not the series I first fell in love with .
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
The people that love to post in every VS thread are the same people that picked Wolverine to beat Lobo in the DC vs Marvel crossover
#49NovaKaneXPosted 4/8/2013 4:10:15 PM
New style > old style.

Never liked classic RE gameplay, even as a kid.
#50zzamaroPosted 4/8/2013 5:39:38 PM
Classic.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]