This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There should be actual exercise/weight loss games that WORK

#1HaloODSTDPosted 4/8/2013 6:13:30 AM
Seems like all the ones on the market are very gimmicky (the UFC trainer) or just not intense enough to be called a workout (like WiiFit) I mean, I went from 225lbs to 165lbs (5'11) over the course of highschool to freshman/sophomore year of college, it took a lot of sweat. Well, I'm judging these "games" by their trailers alone and they seem very tame.

They should just have Insanity with PSmove where you do Insanity as Kratos (if youre a guy) or Hatsune Miku (if youre a girl), sell like hot cakes!
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo PSN: Rutgers Student
Intel Pentium 4 2.40GHz I 256MB I Intel(R) 82845G Graphic Video I 64 MB Memory
#2uesuvaPosted 4/8/2013 6:18:39 AM
Have you tried EA sports active? that was a pretty good work out.
#3Shadowrider70Posted 4/8/2013 6:21:03 AM
And exactly what would you do as those two...? Just wondering, this sounds interesting.
---
Would you hate me if I ate you? o:
The official Odin of the Final Fantasy XV board
#4HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 6:23:58 AM
Shadowrider70 posted...
And exactly what would you do as those two...? Just wondering, this sounds interesting.

Do something like the Insanity workout, but on the screen it shows those characters as you......?
---
#5VarronPosted 4/8/2013 6:44:28 AM
play DDR with jumping jacks in between song selection.
---
PSN: Snippuh
Raptr: Snippuh
#6L0ZPosted 4/8/2013 6:44:48 AM
you need to wear ankle and wrist weights. working out with your body weight as the weight wont do much because your body is used to lugging that weight around all the time
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#7HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 6:46:52 AM
L0Z posted...
you need to wear ankle and wrist weights. working out with your body weight as the weight wont do much because your body is used to lugging that weight around all the time

um have you tried Insanity before LOL
---
#8NicodimusPosted 4/8/2013 7:04:57 AM
Honestly, diet is way more important in weight loss and being healthy than exercise is. Exercise is good, but it's a smaller factor. If you eat stupidly, and/or eat stupid amounts, it doesn't matter what your exercise routine is.
---
My gaming and movie room: http://imgur.com/a/IjWr1
My pets: http://imgur.com/a/P9VGU
#9SigmaHacielPosted 4/8/2013 7:07:43 AM
If a fatty needs a game about an exercise program to DO exercises in the first place, he's already doing it way wrong.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#10deprofundis442Posted 4/8/2013 7:19:59 AM
Diet can't really come from a video game. Doing low impact exercises is great, which some games do perfectly fine, but weight loss is calories in vs calories out. Bottom line.
---
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org