This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IN-GAME feature that you hate in this game generation

#14sakuraHa0Posted 4/8/2013 7:15:27 AM
There are many positive things that the games in this generation bring.
- Character model (facial and body)is more detailed
- Online mode(not perfect yet, but we're getting there) to allow you to play with your friends who live across the country.
- Movement is more smooth
- More dialogue and conversation
- The environment helps you immerse into the game easily (lighting, explosion, etc.)

However, there are also several in-game things that made you, "what is this? do you think I am stupid?"

For me, they are:
- Auto regen health
Is it that hard to code health pack/potion/medicine into the game? Not every character in the game is Wolverine. I know Nathan Drake is not.
- Too detailed tutorial (press X to jump or press R1 to shoot or press down to descend the ladder).
We can figure those easily. Give tutorial for new unique skill that player obtains in game.
- Auto-save feature(mostly found in 1st shooter and 3rd person action/adventure game).
I understand they use this feature to save memory so the game only needs to load certain part of the game when we died.

Some of my gaming friends do not like the difficulty. They think the current HARD was NORMAL difficulty in the previous game generation.

So, what in-game feature that you dislike in this game generation?
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#2luigi13579Posted 4/8/2013 7:28:21 AM
I hate it when games display damage to your character by obscuring the screen in some way (e.g. with blood), especially if they aren't even in first-person. I'm all for trying to make games more immersive, but this is just a step too far as it mainly serves as a massive annoyance.
#3SigmaHacielPosted 4/8/2013 7:31:56 AM
luigi13579 posted...
I hate it when games display damage to your character by obscuring the screen in some way (e.g. with blood), especially if they aren't even in first-person. I'm all for trying to make games more immersive, but this is just a step too far as it mainly serves as a massive annoyance.

Oh no! I'm being surrounded by raspberry jam! Agh!

Seriously, that is so pathetic when they use that.

Auto-regen and Auto-saving are some of mine. Unless Auto-regen makes SENSE (regenerating shield technology. Self-regenerating nanosuit. Whatever), DON'T USE IT.

If you don't think the casual gamer can be ****** to find a health pack, JUST DON'T MAKE A GAME.

Auto-save explains itself. Having to do something major enough to have the game save itself so you can go take part in the rest of your life, SOMETHING IS WRONG.

Another thing - Cutscene QTE.

We've upped our processing power since the PS2 guys. So why are cutscene QTE still a thing?
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#4SuperShadowAcePosted 4/8/2013 7:33:48 AM
Forced tutorials for standard stuff. I've been playing games for 15 years, I don't need to be told what the analogs or X/A do for every game.
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.
#5SigmaHacielPosted 4/8/2013 7:36:29 AM
SuperShadowAce posted...
Forced tutorials for standard stuff. I've been playing games for 15 years, I don't need to be told what the analogs or X/A do for every game.

Push analog forward to Run!
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#6heartlesshero17Posted 4/8/2013 7:43:40 AM
Its mostly a cutscene thing and minor, but when something like rain or blood sprinkle onto the screen as if there is literally some guy there with a camera recording the scene the entire time
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#7lebronwadeboshPosted 4/8/2013 7:48:21 AM
anything Online .
---
Dead Space 3 on Intel HD 3000(LAPTOP)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51mMAl8eZDk
#8Darkwolf BloodsbanePosted 4/8/2013 7:49:27 AM
luigi13579 posted...

And it makes it HARDER to get out of trouble, more often than not. I'd rather see a health bar, so I can have a decent idea as to how screwed I am.
---
Leather doesn't really suit me...unless it's lingerie. - Katythefr3ak
#9Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 4/8/2013 8:14:23 AM
Any DLC presented in my vanilla game. For example

The entire right side of the map screen in NFS Hot Pursuit was dedicated to DLC (EA)

30% of the roster select screen in SF X Tekken (Capcom)

Outfits and the Coliseum in FFXIII-2 (Square Enix)

If I didn't buy it don't fill my game with it. Making a credit card swipe in every corner of the game only demeans the experience and takes you out of it.
#10Sez6Posted 4/8/2013 8:18:01 AM
Trophies/Achievements