This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IN-GAME feature that you hate in this game generation

#31zinsindettaPosted 4/8/2013 3:58:28 PM
I hate microtransactions and forced multiplayer.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#32jackorhoadsPosted 4/8/2013 4:03:00 PM
Quick time events just put in there for the sake of it =/ A few were on ps2 also.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#33somebody336Posted 4/8/2013 4:21:47 PM
Colors! Alot of games are to brown and grey.
---
http://crabdom.cu.cc/forums/index.php
Fc: 0490-5171-0607
#344sakuraHa0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 6:57:15 AM
zinsindetta posted...

Forced multiplayer?
What do you mean?
Any game for example??
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#35Darth_KamcioPosted 4/9/2013 7:56:55 AM
4sakuraHa0 posted...
zinsindetta posted...

Forced multiplayer?
What do you mean?
Any game for example??

Tomb Raider? I mean, the single player is a nice story where we experience Lara's difficulties on the island as she turns from a scared girl into a strong woman.

And the multiplayer is people shooting the living **** out of each other.
---
I love dragons!
White FC: 2194 3983 9072
#36NettoSaitoPosted 4/9/2013 8:03:19 AM
Actually, I would just like to say that auto save is NOT to save memory. Save data works pretty much the same way no matter how it is saved. To put it simple, a game just records your current point then calls it back when you load the game. It doesn't make any difference if you save by hand, or if the game saves for you lol (although some games do in fact have an auto save file, and a standard save file).

The main reason games use auto save is to help you. If it wasn't for auto save, chances are most players would run through the level, never think about saving, get killed, then have to redo possibly hours worth of progress. The game saves for you to prevent this from happening, and it allows you to simply quit the game and come back near the closest checkpoint.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | Nintendo Network - [NettoSaito]
Netto's Game Room - http://nettosgameroom.blogspot.com/
#37PhaseSlaethePosted 4/9/2013 8:04:06 AM
NettoSaito posted...
Actually, I would just like to say that auto save is NOT to save memory. Save data works pretty much the same way no matter how it is saved. To put it simple, a game just records your current point then calls it back when you load the game. It doesn't make any difference if you save by hand, or if the game saves for you lol (although some games do in fact have an auto save file, and a standard save file).

The main reason games use auto save is to help you. If it wasn't for auto save, chances are most players would run through the level, never think about saving, get killed, then have to redo possibly hours worth of progress. The game saves for you to prevent this from happening, and it allows you to simply quit the game and come back near the closest checkpoint.

So current-gen mechanic #14 that lets the game play without the player.
#38BahamutBBobPosted 4/9/2013 8:08:54 AM
I know how regenerating health helps gameplay flow better, less downtime, etc. but I was raised with games like Doom and Quake. I'm used to grabbing health packs.

IMO, the games that got it right are Halo 1/Reach, Riddick, and Mass Effect 3. You have some regeneration, but it can't go past a certain point without healing up.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#39ShineboxerPosted 4/9/2013 8:10:13 AM
The ability to make homosexual characters

Seriously?
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#40nightstalker92Posted 4/9/2013 8:19:26 AM
Move support.