This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IN-GAME feature that you hate in this game generation

#41ReeNoiPPosted 4/9/2013 10:47:16 AM
Things I hate:
-QTEs. Screw that, it's never fun.
- Extremely scripted/constricted gameplay. Flanking? "You are leaving the combat area"
- Unskippable cutscenes
-1 save autosave/no manual save. Seriously, why?
-DLC check/connect to servers on every startup. I just wanna hit load game and get on with it. Don't spam me you jerks.
-In-game DLC stores/pitches. If I want DLC I will go look for it >:(
-Designed for microtransactions. I bought the game, now you want me to pay extra to play it without insane amounts of grinding?
-Accounts/stat tracking/Social networking. This is especially a problem on PC but also happen on consoles where they can't even use the DMR excuse. I never use my battlelog, Origin, GFWL, Social club, C&C4 or Crysis 2 account for anything other than signing in to play a game. And no I don't want to share it on facebook.

Things I dislike:
- Levelling/weapon unlock systems in any form of competitive online. Want a dot sight on that M4? Well you better deal with the crappy iron sights for 50 kills first. Want to pilot a chopper effectively? Well first you have to be a sitting duck until you unlock flares.
- Long puzzle sections in action games.
- Characters whos personality solely revolves around their sexual orientation.
- Farming/low drop rates.
---
---
#42skeithxthPosted 4/9/2013 10:50:18 AM
Letting me know in-game that DLC exists and that certain features and stories cannot be accessed without purchasing said DLC.

Seriously...keep that crap out of my experience. If I want the damn DLC, I will download it. But I don't need my game experience itself reminding me that I don't have it (looking at you Dragon Age: Origins).
---
Yo Sephiroth, I'm really happy for you, and imma let you finish but Kefka Palazzo is the best Final Fantasy villain of all time.
#434sakuraHa0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 2:40:35 PM
Darth_Kamcio posted...
4sakuraHa0 posted...
zinsindetta posted...
I hate microtransactions and forced multiplayer.

Forced multiplayer?
What do you mean?
Any game for example??

Tomb Raider? I mean, the single player is a nice story where we experience Lara's difficulties on the island as she turns from a scared girl into a strong woman.

And the multiplayer is people shooting the living **** out of each other.

Hmm, I thought "forced multiplayer" = you need to play with other people(multiplayer) in order to finish your single player mode.
In Tomb Raider, you can finish the story mode by playing alone.
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#44ShinXaguraPosted 4/9/2013 2:42:43 PM
Sez6 posted...
Trophies/Achievements

This. Lock Saves and Disc Lock Content.
---
To fight is to live. To live is to fight.
#45MrBanballowPosted 4/9/2013 2:46:23 PM
I'll say that Trophies / Achievements can be a hit or miss sort of thing.
---
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008
#46AnnCoulter88Posted 4/9/2013 2:48:01 PM
656stooge posted...
*Mash buttons to open door.

Button mashing isn't as bad as forcing you to violently shake a sixaxis controller to advance the story.
---
Not changing this sig until the Washington Capitals win the Stanley Cup
Started: 2011 - 2012 NHL Season