This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

screw gamestop....

#21nihilist212Posted 4/8/2013 11:10:11 AM
crazyman32 posted...
theshoveller posted...
PStrife posted...
That is called shopping around, welcome to the world of consumerism.

Nah, clearly it's because Gamestop is evil.

That is how the thinking is for some users on here and yes it's dumb&hilarious at the same time.

I traded a game back to them and they didn't give me back exactly what I had paid for it. So, OBVIOUSLY they're an evil company for trying to make some profit.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#22crazyman32Posted 4/8/2013 11:12:48 AM
nihilist212 posted...
crazyman32 posted...
theshoveller posted...
PStrife posted...

That is how the thinking is for some users on here and yes it's dumb&hilarious at the same time.

I traded a game back to them and they didn't give me back exactly what I had paid for it. So, OBVIOUSLY they're an evil company for trying to make some profit.

That is absolutely shocking something must be done.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#23nihilist212Posted 4/8/2013 11:14:37 AM
crazyman32 posted...
nihilist212 posted...
crazyman32 posted...
theshoveller posted...
PStrife posted...

That is absolutely shocking something must be done.

Plus I'm a rewards member, so I should actually be getting back MORE than what I paid for it.
---
#24jabboonPosted 4/8/2013 11:14:43 AM
You're exaggerating, and just taking what others say as fact. You say you haven't been in there for 6 years, yet can say with certainty that this is how much they'd give you?
No **** it's a pawn shop when it comes to trade in. What are you expecting them to do? Give you as much as they can, and then sell your game to others for practically nothing? Trade ins are also just one part of the business, so to completely stop going to a store because of a side of the business you can easily avoid is, again, more of the mentality of trashing on the store.

Oh I have been in the store on occasion just to browse games if im in a mall or something, but I have never purchased anything, and im not trashing the store. Just pointing out the obvious stuff most intelligent gamers avoid in terms of deals.

Gamestop makes most of its money off Grandma Josaphine who doesn't know any better and buys Uncharted 2 used for 49.99 for her grandkid. I'm not really "trashing" the store per se, but the topic is entitled "screw gamestop...." and points out an obvious ripoff to avoid that has been in place for years, which i emphasized on why this topic isn't necessary. Its like saying screw pawnshops!!! this should be common knowledge by now...
---
Layin the Crunch Down-The Eredar Legends
#25RyuuHou25Posted 4/8/2013 11:19:40 AM
WOW, a used game for cheaper than stores have it!!

Who'd have thunk?? *head desk*

But yeah, let's just use this to single out Gamestop, never mind everyone else that has it for 60 dollars still, nope.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#26crazyman32Posted 4/8/2013 11:24:25 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...

But yeah, let's just use this to single out Gamestop, never mind everyone else that has it for 60 dollars still, nope.

You know Gamestop is run by Satan according to some people on here.
---
I apologize for nothing.
#27BurgerTime79Posted 4/8/2013 11:28:29 AM
jabboon posted...
Gamestop makes most of its money off Grandma Josaphine who doesn't know any better and buys Uncharted 2 used for 49.99 for her grandkid. I'm not really "trashing" the store per se, but the topic is entitled "screw gamestop...." and points out an obvious ripoff to avoid that has been in place for years, which i emphasized on why this topic isn't necessary. Its like saying screw pawnshops!!! this should be common knowledge by now...

No, you're trashing on them. You're also making up scenarios in order to do so as well. If you're going to use an example, don't make it one that's clearly $10 used. No Gamestop is selling Uncharted 2 used for $50. If they are, then it's that individual store and they should be reported for overcharging. That store isn't the entire company.
Again, you have to look around for deals, and this goes for every single store in existence. You can't just single out one particular store, find a flaw, and stretch it out into a complete hatred like so many people do these days. They take one situation from one store, and make claims that it's the entire company that does it.

The memes and jokes about the show Pawn Stars in reaction to how much money people get are also part of the problem. Sorry if people can't understand or accept how buying low in order to sell at a profit works. To outright call it a "ripoff" is childish. If you don't like how they run the used games, then simply don't use them. That doesn't require insulting or trashing on them. I prefer Pepsi over Coke, but I don't go around trashing on Coke, telling people not to buy Coke, or going into any Coke related topic to say how much I hate Coke.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#28agrissaPosted 4/8/2013 11:28:31 AM
Oh wow even Gamestop have fanboys these days. What's the world coming to?
---
DMC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DmC
#29nihilist212Posted 4/8/2013 11:28:35 AM
crazyman32 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

Satan himself actually works at the store by me. He wouldn't let me leave without preordering a few games.
---
#30crazyman32Posted 4/8/2013 11:35:25 AM(edited)
nihilist212 posted...
crazyman32 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

Satan himself actually works at the store by me. He wouldn't let me leave without preordering a few games.

You have to watch out for his pitchfork and counter it for max damage.
---
I apologize for nothing.