This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is your favorite RPG on the PS3 this gen?

#21heartlesshero17Posted 4/8/2013 11:58:40 AM
Aside from nier, if we're doing ps3 only I'd say Resonance of fate was second.

I dunno about you guys, but I LOVED the idea of the world. It felt very unique to me. I usually don't complain about exploring in games, but the world greatly interested me. It could've used more exploring just to show off its memorable world.

Fun (main) cast and pretty unique battle system. Liked the clothes options too. I enjoyed it
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#22AlltraPosted 4/8/2013 12:00:54 PM
I loved the "Idea" of the world, but it was never really fully realized or explored during the game. It would have made for an amazing setting and plot, but they botched it horribly. The game's story is pretty much what is presented in the two cutscenes before you even start a new game. There's pretty much nothing else to it, hell even walking around talking to every NPC during every chapter doesn't really do much to flesh out the "Idea".
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#23zinformantPosted 4/8/2013 12:03:19 PM
Alltra posted...
But ultimately, the biggest reason, is because there just isn't anything better for the system.

You can't really say that until you've *tried* Atelier. I understand your hesitation; you couldn't get me to try Neptunia. Nonetheless, the two are very different beasts.

I'm torn between Totori and ME, though that will surely change in the fall when Sen no Kiseki comes out.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#24NessaJ_TuNPosted 4/8/2013 12:19:37 PM
SKyrim, DarkSouls, The Witcher 2, Deus Ex HR(for some people thinks its RPG), ToGF(for the amazing battle system), Persona 4 golden and Resonance of Fate.
#25AlltraPosted 4/8/2013 12:46:54 PM
I have "Tried" Atelier. My "Hesitation" is based on experience. I don't like the game play, and without enjoyable game play it's nothing but a collection of aspects that are wholly unappealing.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#26emo_angel11Posted 4/8/2013 12:50:04 PM
disgaea 4,tales of graces f and eternal sonata
---
i dont need to "GET A LIFE" I'm a gamer I have lot of lives
#27zinformantPosted 4/8/2013 12:50:36 PM
Alltra posted...
I have "Tried" Atelier. My "Hesitation" is based on experience. I don't like the game play, and without enjoyable game play it's nothing but a collection of aspects that are wholly unappealing.

Fair enough.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#28SigmaHacielPosted 4/8/2013 12:51:10 PM
heartlesshero17 posted...
Aside from nier, if we're doing ps3 only I'd say Resonance of fate was second.

I dunno about you guys, but I LOVED the idea of the world. It felt very unique to me. I usually don't complain about exploring in games, but the world greatly interested me. It could've used more exploring just to show off its memorable world.

Fun (main) cast and pretty unique battle system. Liked the clothes options too. I enjoyed it

This and Dis 4.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#29Kane_DynastPosted 4/8/2013 1:02:09 PM
Tales of Vesperia

The only game I've ever imported.
#30ShineboxerPosted 4/8/2013 1:04:14 PM
Oblivion
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD