This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So suppose my account is registered in a Region 1 country....

#1ChickenBotPosted 4/8/2013 11:44:48 AM
....And I'm getting DLC for a Region 2 game. I know DLC's region-locked, so what if I were to make a second account based in Region 2, and sign in with it when downloading add-ons for my R2 games? Or is my PS3's region a factor too? Would it work?

Sorry if I'm late in asking this, but I've never been much of a DLC person and have only recently looked into a few DLC things I want. Thanks, guys.
---
"'Cause if we can't protect the Earth, you can be damn well sure we'll avenge it."
Tony Stark, The Avengers.
#2badboyPosted 4/8/2013 11:46:31 AM
That works, I tried it several times.
#3TomoEK9Posted 4/8/2013 11:47:16 AM
The region of the dlc has to match the region of the game, not the account. You can make multiple accounts for every region, in the end, your dlc has to match the game.
#4ChickenBot(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 12:07:14 PM
Yeah, but the DLC you download off the Playstation Store will be region-respective to the account you're signed in with, right? The add-ons that show up on the menu, for example. Like, with redeemable codes I get that it's different, but suppose I'm getting things off the Store.

And thanks, badboy, looks like I'm probably good to go then.
---
"'Cause if we can't protect the Earth, you can be damn well sure we'll avenge it."
#5badboyPosted 4/8/2013 12:09:20 PM
After you download the DLC from the region 2 account, you can return to your main account (region 1) and use it if you want.
#6TomoEK9Posted 4/8/2013 12:10:08 PM
If you have a North American account, any DLC or games from that store is only for that region, you can sign onto a European account and use the DLC as long as the game you are playing is also North American.

However you cannot go onto the European store, buy DLC from there, and then try to play it with a North American game.

As I said before, as long as the DLC and the game are from the same region, nothing else matters.
#7ChickenBot(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 12:21:08 PM
TomoEK9 posted...
If you have a North American account, any DLC or games from that store is only for that region, you can sign onto a European account and use the DLC as long as the game you are playing is also North American.

However you cannot go onto the European store, buy DLC from there, and then try to play it with a North American game.

As I said before, as long as the DLC and the game are from the same region, nothing else matters.

Yup, perfect. That's what I meant; I have some games that aren't Region 1, so I'm going to make a R2 account for their respective DLCs.

And yeah, I'm keeping my R1 account as my main and I'll be signing into it for pretty much everything other than the DLC for these games. Thanks for the help, guys!
---