This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whatever Happened to Video Game AI?

#11DarkSymbiotePosted 4/8/2013 8:03:57 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Elizabeth is an excellent piece of game AI.

No it isn't. She doesn't even do anything that would consider her programming to be "smart". She does hit others and aren't targeted by enemies either. The item throwing doesn't count since those are based on a cooldown system and you have to accept the.

This post is ignorant. Elizabeth is a Smart AI, and she's not paper weight carrying around through the whole game. Never once have I seen her just walk straight into walls.That so many AI do on these current gen games.

I've only seen Crysis games have that bad of an AI for current gen games. She's not a paper weight because, again, enemies don't even target her.
---
Liquor is powerful. But Soda is solid.
#12SHAO-KhanPosted 4/8/2013 8:14:02 PM
* plays MK2 * die in 2 seconds

* plays call of duty * enemies stand around waiting to get shot
---
"If we're Evil or Divine , We're the Last in Line" - Ronnie James Dio
#13ReyMilansteryoPosted 4/8/2013 9:26:32 PM
*cough* MindJack AI's *cough*
---
PSN: DGray_Squally
Now playing: Fallout 3 (PC) , Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Uncharted 2, Rocksmith
#14ElBorak77(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 9:54:53 AM
th ai in deus ex hr is pretty good.
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#15TerotrousPosted 4/9/2013 10:01:06 AM
It's pretty sad that all these years later and Capcom's fighting game AI was no better than it was in Street Fighter 2. Whether or not the AI blocks your attack is still totally random (rather than looking at whether or not that particular attack would be "hard" to block), they still repeat canned and frequently unsafe pressure strings if you play defensive, and the only challenge comes from their ability to DP you on one frame reaction. In most games, they AI can't even string together a proper combo if they do manage to open you up.

That being said, just because Capcom's AI is totally godawful doesn't mean everyone sucks. Super Smash Bros Brawl's AI is actually really impressive. In 2 on 2, the AI will string together team combos and do other fancy stuff that you can't do alone. The AI can even adjust to the fan-created hacks of Brawl and make use of moves and techniques that weren't in the original game.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "SNES Aladdin"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#16MegatheGaurdianPosted 4/12/2013 8:04:59 AM
Star Wars Republic Commando. Not one time did my team AI cause me trouble. If they went down that was mostly my fault.
---
Youtube:mariomegaman <>360Gamertag & PSN:MMZenex
"...It's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are" -Mewtwo
#17PhaseSlaethePosted 4/12/2013 8:05:51 AM
Godhand AI is probably the best AI we've ever had. And for FPS, FEAR soldiers.

The mere fact that Godhand modified itself to the player's own abilities.
#18JahkeemyorkPosted 4/12/2013 8:20:58 AM
PhaseSlaethe posted...

What Godhand just ups the damage and enemies attack more often when you level up from doing good. They don't learn from you, they don't react to you they're reacting to the Level up. Its good fun but no where near an AI marvel.
#19PhaseSlaethePosted 4/12/2013 8:21:53 AM
Jahkeemyork posted...
PhaseSlaethe posted...

What Godhand just ups the damage and enemies attack more often when you level up from doing good. They don't learn from you, they don't react to you they're reacting to the Level up. Its good fun but no where near an AI marvel.

Godhand enemies modify their behaviors to what you are capable of doing.

Literally a more dynamic AI than we ever typically get.
#20JahkeemyorkPosted 4/12/2013 8:31:21 AM
PhaseSlaethe posted...
Jahkeemyork posted...
PhaseSlaethe posted...

Godhand enemies modify their behaviors to what you are capable of doing.

Literally a more dynamic AI than we ever typically get.

They only change to leveling up, and once again they only attack more. Its not like if you keep using his charged uppercut when they block they'll suddenly dodge it. It's like saying changing difficulty mid-game is dynamic A.I. God Hand's A.I is preset to level 1,2 and 3. They hit harder, and SOME (mostly just the samurai guys and big fighter dude) attack more often.