This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Despite all the hate Gamestop gets...

#1_tanjil_Posted 4/8/2013 9:18:16 PM(edited)
they still have good. My friends birthday is coming up. I plan on giving him metal gear rising. I e-mail gamestop telling them that having the pre order dlc code would make it a more complete gift and I'd really appreciate if they'd hook me up. They reply me the next send me the code the next day. While Konami hasn't gotten back to me and I doubt the ever will.

I pre-order Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge. There was a mix up with the pre-orders for Canada. I email both Team Ninja and Gamestop on release date. Team Ninja hasn't replied me, I got the code from Gamestop 2 days later plus an apology.

The 2nd story wasan obligation, the 1st story was gamestop employee just being nice, and that's over an email, no human interactions at all to try to convince them

I actually got plenty of good gamstop stories, no bad ones. Anyone else have some good guy gamestop stories to share?
#2Emi3280Posted 4/8/2013 9:34:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3Jordan3690Posted 4/8/2013 9:39:12 PM
#4zyrax2301Posted 4/8/2013 9:50:42 PM
#5_tanjil_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 10:02:57 PM
LOL Emi, that's the 1st time I've heard of someone talking someone out of a sale. The workers was clearly some nerd. I played both, am part of the minority that preferred DmC for it's combat mechanics, but I would never throw a hissy fir over it

Guess I'll add another good gamestop story. This one is good for financial reasons.

So not too many people know that when you trade in and use credit at gamestop. The credit reduces the initial price of the game before taxes.
So lets say I give in Black Ops 2. At game stop and bestbuy the value is $20. Now I want to preorder the last of us with that credit.
The day to pick up the game has come. Lets say sales tax is 15%. At best buy the game will cost be $69 (including taxes and pre order deposit). But at game stop it will cost (60-20)*1.15 + 20 = $66. Save $3, pay for the full game in credit and you save $9.

So now to the point of the story. One employee accidentally charged me the bestbuy style. The next time I was thereto buy something the employee told me I was overcharged awhile back as he could see it since he opened up my file. He apologized, returned my money and gave me an extra pre-order code for a game that was out at the time for my trouble. I know alot of employees would probably not have bothered to go through the trouble.
#6crazyman32Posted 4/8/2013 10:21:41 PM
#7keybladeXIIIPosted 4/8/2013 10:31:00 PM
I don't have a problem with Gamestop as a retail store, but most of the employees are just losers.
I remember I went to a midnight launch for a game and was waiting it the store, and all of them just kept cussing every 5 secs and talking about Internet stuff and memes. I felt bad for some of the kids that were waiting with their parents. I went to another Gamestop for a different game, and the same thing happened. Sure, you meet some cool employees every now and then, but the majority is still all weird.

It's just one of those things that makes me feel out of place as a gamer. Whenever I'm at a midnight launch, it's just me wondering how in the world I'm like these people. And don't get me started on that one guy who brings his girlfriend to a midnight launch just to show off to everyone. I'd never make my girl do that.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!
#8TehTrumpCardPosted 4/8/2013 10:34:44 PM
If anything it's the people that work at Gamestop who don't play games regularly that bother me.

It's kinda weird trying to ask so one about something they know nothing about or don't care about because they're just there for the paycheck.
---
I love Nowi!!! http://tinyurl.com/trump-nowi http://tinyurl.com/durrhubba
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#9_tanjil_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 10:54:20 PM
to be fair I can't remember the last time I had a job that I didn't do just for the pay cheque. I would learn whatever my employers told me was necessary to know. So if I worked at a gamestop and wasn't a gamer, I'd probably only know how to run a cash register.

aghhh why won't university end =(
#10godslayer61Posted 4/8/2013 11:49:15 PM