This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Despite all the hate Gamestop gets...

#114sakuraHa0Posted 4/9/2013 6:37:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#12DevilTears604Posted 4/9/2013 6:45:52 AM
Gamestop was good to me one time. I traded in quite a few old, old games and ended up paying off GTA V and Injustice, and put $30 on Last of Us.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#13Shadowrider70Posted 4/9/2013 6:49:15 AM
The day I bought HDN MK II... Me and the gamestop employees were just having some good old fashioned: "Are you SURE you want this game?" Discussion... I've never had a bad experience with gamestop, except for the time they nearly forgot to put my MGS Collection in its case. Quickly got that resolved though.

Some Gamestops are good, and others are terrifying... Namely the ones with the stupid employees...
---
I'm a little quiet... Its nice...
*Insert Random Quote Here*
#14nihilist212Posted 4/9/2013 6:54:27 AM
keybladeXIII posted...
I don't have a problem with Gamestop as a retail store, but most of the employees are just losers.
I remember I went to a midnight launch for a game and was waiting it the store, and all of them just kept cussing every 5 secs and talking about Internet stuff and memes. I felt bad for some of the kids that were waiting with their parents. I went to another Gamestop for a different game, and the same thing happened. Sure, you meet some cool employees every now and then, but the majority is still all weird.

It's just one of those things that makes me feel out of place as a gamer. Whenever I'm at a midnight launch, it's just me wondering how in the world I'm like these people. And don't get me started on that one guy who brings his girlfriend to a midnight launch just to show off to everyone. I'd never make my girl do that.

I'm really lucky the people at the store by me are all pretty cool and wouldn't act that way if there were little kids around.

As for the fan thing, yeah. I went to one midnight release in my life, and it was a painful nerd/loser fest. And it was for Darksiders II, not even for a really huge release. I'll never do that again.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#15Hucast9Posted 4/9/2013 7:35:09 AM
Last week I went to Gamestop. I wanted to get Dead Space 3 used. After asking the cashier if they had a used copy, they proptly check the computer and they say they have 1 left. Here comes the problem. They couldn't find it. Want to know why they couldn't find it? Obviously because a store employee took it home to play it.
#16DevilTears604Posted 4/9/2013 7:38:26 AM
Hucast9 posted...
Last week I went to Gamestop. I wanted to get Dead Space 3 used. After asking the cashier if they had a used copy, they proptly check the computer and they say they have 1 left. Here comes the problem. They couldn't find it. Want to know why they couldn't find it? Obviously because a store employee took it home to play it.

Obviously. I mean, it couldn't possibly be anything else right? That's exactly what happened, no questions asked.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#17Voodoo_BluesPosted 4/9/2013 12:18:58 PM
Hucast9 posted...

I doubt that's what happened. A manager has to approve someone renting out a game. It's against policy to rent it out if there's only one on hand. It's very possible either an A) inventory issue or B) probably filed wrong

Sometimes even, people will sell games without the case because they're unable to find it at the time. So they'll make a generic case and sell it to the customer only for the original to turn up on the shelf later.

People always assume employees there have ill intent. Gotta love the hate bandwagon
---
PSN: Melkezadek
#18ImDyinSquirtlePosted 4/9/2013 12:28:01 PM
In regards to the talking out of a purchase part:

GameStop is aware that people do that, and many employees actually do it on purpose - The reason being, that every transaction that does not have a preorder or pro powerup card opened will count against the employee and make their percentages go down.
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#19GunzleaderPosted 4/9/2013 12:29:17 PM
Shadowrider70 posted...
The day I bought HDN MK II... Me and the gamestop employees were just having some good old fashioned: "Are you SURE you want this game?" Discussion... I've never had a bad experience with gamestop, except for the time they nearly forgot to put my MGS Collection in its case. Quickly got that resolved though.

Some Gamestops are good, and others are terrifying... Namely the ones with the stupid employees...

can't blame em HDN MK II isn't very popular. i didn't know about it till i saw victory for sale here at my GS.
---
Persona series ftw. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#20101TheBossPosted 4/9/2013 12:30:22 PM
Have good what?
---
http://i.imgur.com/ByaRm.gif http://i.imgur.com/RS5xsRI.gif
http://i.imgur.com/mYPrJTp.gif http://i.imgur.com/7uu8uf8.gif