This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Despite all the hate Gamestop gets...

#31SigmaHacielPosted 4/10/2013 10:21:06 PM
Bronze_Stuff posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...

Translation -

I'm rude

No, I meant exactly what I said. If you go to stores and people are actively hostile to you, then it's something you are doing. Gamestop is the only place where I receive consistently bad service. If Gamestop hires bad people to be RA for them, that's not my problem. Overpriced is a problem from Gamestop in general, but then when you go there AND get treated like garbage? It's too much. I'll pay more for something when I get good service, you know, I'll pay someone money to mow my lawn even if it cost more than doing it myself so long as they do a good job and don't irritate me for working for me. You know why? Because it's convenient. There are so many places Online that you can buy used games or new games nowadays that there's no point to even bothering with GS anymore.

I mean exactly what I said.

If consumers didn't act like morons, they'd have better experiences at stores.

Acting like the victim makes you look pathetic.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#32shawnmckPosted 4/10/2013 10:27:05 PM
The thing about gamestop is that NO-ONE is being forced to shop there.
People do so of their own free will.
Don't like gamestop, then DON'T shop there.
Otherwise, people need to mind their own damn business and let others shop there if they have a mind to.
#33crazyman32Posted 4/10/2013 10:30:47 PM(edited)
shawnmck posted...
The thing about gamestop is that NO-ONE is being forced to shop there.
People do so of their own free will.
Don't like gamestop, then DON'T shop there.
Otherwise, people need to mind their own damn business and let others shop there if they have a mind to.

I agree no one is making anyone shop there so,if people do shop there leave them alone it's none of anyone's business.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#34MwarriorHieiPosted 4/10/2013 10:52:25 PM
pay cheque

---
http://i.imgur.com/TQEciMP.jpg
#35Yaboy125Posted 4/10/2013 11:04:25 PM
_tanjil_ posted...
they still have good. My friends birthday is coming up. I plan on giving him metal gear rising. I e-mail gamestop telling them that having the pre order dlc code would make it a more complete gift and I'd really appreciate if they'd hook me up. They reply me the next send me the code the next day. While Konami hasn't gotten back to me and I doubt the ever will.

I pre-order Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge. There was a mix up with the pre-orders for Canada. I email both Team Ninja and Gamestop on release date. Team Ninja hasn't replied me, I got the code from Gamestop 2 days later plus an apology.

The 2nd story wasan obligation, the 1st story was gamestop employee just being nice, and that's over an email, no human interactions at all to try to convince them

I actually got plenty of good gamstop stories, no bad ones. Anyone else have some good guy gamestop stories to share?

wow learn to preview better.. that's an edited message? /rant

Yeah, they might give out codes. Yeah, they might treat you decently. For every dollar you spend there, you can get the same thing for 50 cents on the dollar, if you know what you're doing.

Only reason I ever go to gamestop is to steal online passes out of the display cases. Just grabbed one for AC:R, then bought a used copy off of ebay for 4 dollars. 4. dollars. Pre-owned, granted, but thats still 80% off of gamestop's price. And knowing that the money I spent went to another player, not a corporation, makes me happy. as for any condition concerns, paypal buyer protection + ps3 discs being nearly indestructible makes that a non-starter.
---
Have you read the Old Testament? **** goes down in that. -RinkuTanuki
#36Yaboy125Posted 4/10/2013 11:06:25 PM
_tanjil_ posted...
My friends birthday is coming up. I plan on giving him metal gear rising.

what Yaboy read
My friend's birthday is coming up. I no longer want to be friend's with him, but only can display that by being passive aggressive and buying him the worst garbage game I can find, without just buying him Hannah Montana

---
#37crazyman32Posted 4/10/2013 11:23:14 PM
Yaboy125 posted...
_tanjil_ posted...

what Yaboy read
My friend's birthday is coming up. I no longer want to be friend's with him, but only can display that by being passive aggressive and buying him the worst garbage game I can find, without just buying him Hannah Montana

Yeah there is no worse game available then Metal Gear Rising *rolls eyes*.
---
I apologize for nothing.
#38Yaboy125Posted 4/10/2013 11:25:57 PM
crazyman32 posted...
Yaboy125 posted...
_tanjil_ posted...

what Yaboy read

not that I can think of. At least one that isn't OBVIOUSLY garbage/shovelware.
---
#39crazyman32Posted 4/10/2013 11:35:31 PM
Yaboy125 posted...
crazyman32 posted...
Yaboy125 posted...
_tanjil_ posted...

what Yaboy read

not that I can think of. At least one that isn't OBVIOUSLY garbage/shovelware.

I don't think it's shovelware anyway,I can think of a game worse Call of Juarez:The Cartel.
---
I apologize for nothing.
#40darkness1018Posted 4/10/2013 11:37:07 PM
keybladeXIII posted...
I don't have a problem with Gamestop as a retail store, but most of the employees are just losers.
I remember I went to a midnight launch for a game and was waiting it the store, and all of them just kept cussing every 5 secs and talking about Internet stuff and memes. I felt bad for some of the kids that were waiting with their parents. I went to another Gamestop for a different game, and the same thing happened. Sure, you meet some cool employees every now and then, but the majority is still all weird.

It's just one of those things that makes me feel out of place as a gamer. Whenever I'm at a midnight launch, it's just me wondering how in the world I'm like these people. And don't get me started on that one guy who brings his girlfriend to a midnight launch just to show off to everyone. I'd never make my girl do that.

I agree somewhat but ive been to like 5 or 6 midnight launch and it hasnt been that bad at all. Once i even met up with 2 friends...lol. I also took my girlfriend to them when i went, not to show off but because she wanted to, she's also a gamer. As im typing this, she's playing Spec-Ops: The Line (great game by the way).
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)