This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If FF7 wash't successful, would gamers still bash it?

#1donkeyjackPosted 4/9/2013 10:58:43 AM
Like in every thread where whether it is best game ever or top 5 games of all time.

I see people bring up FF7 and bash it.

I never seen people bring up pokemon, legend of legaia, legend of dragoon, persona games and etc to bash it

Why is that?
#2darkphoenix181Posted 4/9/2013 11:00:04 AM
nope, it just gets bashed on by jelly people who like niche titles that will never shine as bright as FF7
---
proud owner of Pikanips
#3JerichoDarkstarPosted 4/9/2013 11:00:14 AM
Because of what you said. It was successful, people enjoyed the game and gave it a high score. Because it doesn't coincide with their evaluation of the game and it was one of the most popular games of it's time, people bash it and call it overrated.
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
PSN: DarkSilverCloud
#4nihilist212Posted 4/9/2013 11:01:53 AM
JerichoDarkstar posted...
Because of what you said. It was successful, people enjoyed the game and gave it a high score. Because it doesn't coincide with their evaluation of the game and it was one of the most popular games of it's time, people bash it and call it overrated.

This sums it up. While I don't expect EVERYONE to have liked it, a lot of the times you can tell it's just people hating on it and the others who probably never even played it but like to be cool.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#5Godly_GoofPosted 4/9/2013 11:04:35 AM
If people didn't constantly feel the need to bring it up then inevitably it wouldn't be bashed as much. That's not a matter of good or bad it's just a matter of response to oversaturation. A game that mediocre shouldn't be seen as the be all of gaming in any case :/
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#6temgunPosted 4/9/2013 11:04:41 AM
It's just the vocal minority as always. Most people do like it.
---
In a search of a cunning signature.
#7PsychoDrama1Posted 4/9/2013 11:05:15 AM
One of the best games of all time.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#8king_maddenPosted 4/9/2013 11:05:36 AM
no it would rarely be bashed at all, like most of the other final fantasy games. thats how the world works though, the biggest or most powerful things are always hated the most, and they are usually hated only because of how much other people enjoy it.
#9agrissaPosted 4/9/2013 11:07:32 AM
Who bashes FF7? 13-year-olds? Ameriboos? They are not gamers.
---
DMC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DmC
#10darkphoenix181Posted 4/9/2013 11:07:57 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
If people didn't constantly feel the need to bring it up then inevitably it wouldn't be bashed as much. That's not a matter of good or bad it's just a matter of response to oversaturation. A game that mediocre shouldn't be seen as the be all of gaming in any case :/

it gets brought up because it is just that good. Which shows that people like guy I quoted are extremely jelly of FF7.
---
proud owner of Pikanips