This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If FF7 wash't successful, would gamers still bash it?

#61donkeyjack(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 2:21:37 PM
I think JRPG would have gone mainstream without FF7.
#62DesuDecreePosted 4/9/2013 2:59:40 PM
FrozenXylophone posted...
DesuDecree posted...
I've always based my opinion on whether or not I enjoy a game personally. I don't care how "revolutionary" a game is, that doesn't make it good to me. That being said, I enjoyed FFVII but it's hardly one of my favorites.

When somebody bashes or downplays your opinion of a game, consider what other games YOU dislike that are hugely popular. I hold MGS, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and Assassin's Creed to be some of the best series ever made and I'm not alone in that, but they all get their own brand of bashing. I couldn't care less.

People like to rate FF7 as the lowest trash in existence rather than just saying it is ok.
Whereas I don't believe the games you listed get this kind of hate. People might say they didn't like Silent Hill or it is not that good, but they won't say it is terrible and completely undeserving of ever being remembered. Whereas FF7 haters do say things like that and often. And their defence? "Oh I just criticizing guys. It is just my opinion is all."

Oh, the hate is out there:

http://m.gamefaqs.com/ps2/561292-silent-hill-3/reviews/review-55107

Scroll down to the conclusion for a laugh. The guy is either a troll or he needs to go outside more often.
---
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."