This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Since the killing is fake but the cursing is real...

#1ohnonotyouPosted 4/9/2013 12:46:24 PM
Do you think developers should give us the OPTION to turn cursing of in a game. I would love to play devil may cry 5 with the curses off....what do you intelligent folk think....
#2gtaking5Posted 4/9/2013 12:48:27 PM(edited)
No. Get out. Cursing doesn't hurt anyone unless you're a shelter child.

Although cursing in some games is not needed. In DmC the cursing is needed. Cause it's funny.
---
I pulled the trigger from the shooting stars, I am a motor in your crashing car
I am the cherub in the Arab spring, I am the bullet in your magazine
#3nihilist212Posted 4/9/2013 12:48:47 PM
I don't think so. It's like any other form of entertainment. If you don't like the language or violence, then don't play the game. There are plenty of other options for those who don't like cursing in their games.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#4ShineboxerPosted 4/9/2013 12:50:47 PM
Why do you correlate Intelligence with not cursing?

Carl Sagan had a record for having a dirty mouth.

/pretentious elitism.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#5SpurnerPosted 4/9/2013 12:50:53 PM
Normally I don't mind cursing, but it can be too much, at times. My one gripe about The Walking Dead was every other word being the F-bomb. To be fair, though, that would probably be the word most frequently coming out of my mouth in that situation.
#6NeojianXPosted 4/9/2013 12:53:35 PM
Deathrow for the Xbox had so much cursing in it , I thought Rockstar made the game. I was surprised to realize it was a Ubisoft game. Plus Rockstar Energy Drinks was in an ad in the manual, maybe in the game on billboards also. : )

That game should have an X360 sequel and it would own on XBL. Phantom Dust should be an XBL online game also. Not just online for trading stuff either. The game should be played online.
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#7gldooriiPosted 4/9/2013 12:54:02 PM
I agree that there should be an option to turn it off as well as an option to not show blood (or change the color). Personally I don't care if it's there myself, but my little sisters love watching me play games, but I refuse to play certain ones in front of them because of the content. And yea that's common sense, but it still boggles my mind how there isn't an option. Videogaming has been around way too long to not have the ability to make a game playable for more than just the target audience.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#8nihilist212Posted 4/9/2013 12:56:18 PM
gldoorii posted...
I agree that there should be an option to turn it off as well as an option to not show blood (or change the color). Personally I don't care if it's there myself, but my little sisters love watching me play games, but I refuse to play certain ones in front of them because of the content. And yea that's common sense, but it still boggles my mind how there isn't an option. Videogaming has been around way too long to not have the ability to make a game playable for more than just the target audience.

Well the majority of their target audience doesn't care, so why should devs? Why should they bother making those options so your sisters can WATCH you play? Are they spending money? Are they playing? No? Then who cares if they can watch or not.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#9Shamrock99Posted 4/9/2013 1:00:15 PM(edited)
ohnonotyou posted...
I would love to play devil may cry 5 with the curses off

YES. Agreed! The swearing in DMC was soooooooo forced just to give it an edgy feel, it was embarrassing! Great game, but the dialogue was PATHETIC because the writer thought it would only be hip if the script had tons of swearing. Ugh.

There should definitely be an option to turn cursing ON or OFF. Just like how you can turn blood on or off in a lot of games. When the voice actors are doing their takes, have an alternate line for them to record in place of the swearing ones and boom there ya' go, problem solved...we have more options and everyone is happy.
---
http://tinyurl.com/arksbya http://tinyurl.com/b59xwvj http://tinyurl.com/a5heha2
http://www.backloggery.com/Kajicat
#10Dicer7Posted 4/9/2013 12:57:21 PM
I think I'd actually like DmC more if they bleeped out all the cursing. It's not even funny or clever in that game, it's just lame and too excessive.

I guess games wouldn't hurt from having the OPTION to censor bad words, but it's totally unnecessary. If it really bothers you that much just find a different game. Bayonetta, for example, is just as violent and fun as DmC (even moreso imo) but has no curse words that I can recall.