This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What does Square Enix need to do to get back on track?

#71LesserAngelPosted 4/10/2013 1:49:57 AM
ScreamingMidget posted...
- Fire Toriyama.
- Have Ito direct the next FFs.
- Localize Type-0.
- Cancel FFXIV, because the game is still s*** after allocating so much personnel and wasting all this time to save it.
- Stop milking XIII.
- Don't take 7 years to develop games.
- Bring Amano back.
- Tell tri-Ace to freaking develop Valkyrie Profile 3 already.

The only problem with Cancelling 14, is it's gonna piss of the people that have the game, and do enjoy it, if only a little. They should at least keep it running for a few more years.
#72chrombotPosted 4/10/2013 1:50:59 AM
Not make a game that's accessible to the masses. Make a game that's engrossing for a core group.
#73TheGaijinPosted 4/10/2013 2:07:34 AM
FFXIV RR will be great my friend
trust me ;)
---
Final Fantasy XIV - Larek Darkholme @ Masamune
#74iBlackice25Posted 4/10/2013 2:28:48 AM
Kingdom Hearts 3.
---
GT: DarknessSniperX
Youtube channel: aquaAffinity2
#75CynicalNaivetePosted 4/10/2013 2:36:09 AM
Raise their standards on what games they decide to publish (and develop, for that matter). One used to be able to expect a certain level of quality from a game with the Square Enix label on it, but there's too much shovelware slipping through these days.

Sharpen focus by developing no more than two or three main titles at a time with an emphasis on quality control, rather than churning out an endless stream of crap and hoping something sticks.

Stop milking Final Fantasy remakes to death, or at least milk the ones that people actually WANT, like VI and VII.

Pay more attention on what the fan-base wants. Maybe some better focus group testing. Wanting to preserve creative integrity is fine, but make sure people actually like what's developed and handle feedback appropriately. Or, put more explicitly, STOP RUINING THE MANA SERIES WITH YOUR ARROGANT BULL CRAP, Konichi Ishii!

Either stop iOS/mobile development or adjust the pricing structure for mobile apps to appropriate levels. Most of the available game apps are just ports obviously intended to be quick cash-ins. All of the non-ports aren't even developed by Square Enix, but still have a premium price that the actual dev would never be able to get away with without the Square Enix label. And they aren't even any good, aside from Chaos Rings. I would complain about IAP too, but that's not a unique problem to Square Enix. The exception being Theatrhythm for iOS, which has a price tag of nearly $150 if you add up all the IAP. It's the most blatant display of greed and lack of respect for the customers on the App Store. Even EA is more considerate when it comes to their mobile apps.

I'm going to stop here because the more I think about it, the more I get pissed off at how far Square Enix has fallen. That corporate merger really ruined two companies that I used to respect.
#76El_ZaggyPosted 4/10/2013 2:51:38 AM
stop the final fantasy non-sense and put the series to sleep for 1 gen.(that inclides useless ports and remakes of already pre-existing games on all the platforms out there. Is there a demand for HD Tidus whining and HD Yuna sailor moon transforming .. really ? )
Less jrpg, more western games.
Shut down most japanese studios.
#77GigerSupremePosted 4/10/2013 3:13:52 AM
full blown FF7 remake exclusive to ps4 with the original game included on the same disk as a bonus.

Deus Ex 4

Dissidia HD with online multiplayer for ps3/360/wiiu... downloadable.

super mario rpg legend of the seven stars part 2 for the 3DS

sleeping dogs 2 with online sandbox mode

brave fencer musashi HD remake

Soul Reaver reboot with zelda style gameplay.

chocobo racing 3DS

Final Fantasy 15 developed by eidos
#78nic1357Posted 4/10/2013 3:16:27 AM
GigerSupreme posted...

wut
#79LimbicPosted 4/10/2013 3:19:45 AM
Get bought by EA.
---
Paid DLC at release = end of games.
#80GigerSupremePosted 4/10/2013 3:20:38 AM
nic1357 posted...
GigerSupreme posted...

wut

i think its time for SE to hand the keys of the final fantasy ship to the real talent. SE had several oppertunities with 13, 13-2 and 14... and the botched it.

i strongly believe that the crew at eidos would make an incredible jrpg style game with all the elements that made final fantasy great once upon a time.