This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When's the right time to end a series?

#21PhaseSlaethePosted 4/10/2013 7:23:00 AM
When the current story of the cast ends, or when the series has nothing more to tell.

Take for instance - Shadow Hearts

It started with being about Yuri and his journey.

2 ended his journey.

Thus, it should have stopped. It is also why 3 SUCKED ASS.

.Hack GU was another one. It kept itself as about Haseo and the rest in their world. It resolved that, and boom. Done.
#22theshovellerPosted 4/10/2013 7:25:01 AM
If your last game felt strained for storyline stuff, and was mostly filler for the sake of filler, then it might be time to put the series to a close. If your games are a roller coaster ride with every entry, and the last one went from doing thirteen loop-de-loops, inverted banking corners, and massive drops into something that resembles that stupid "go left! Now right! Now left again!" mini-coaster made for kids, then you might have run out of steam.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#23Shadowrider70Posted 4/10/2013 7:25:15 AM
It should end the very moment they release 3 games...

3 is more than enough... Unless each have their own story.
---
I'm a little quiet... Its nice...
*Insert Random Quote Here*
#24RollingCradlePosted 4/10/2013 7:28:52 AM(edited)
Ideally, the third game should be the last.

4 is when **** starts getting milked.

EDIT: Actually, I'll amend this statement to say that the 4th game should be the last. After 4 games, it's time to move on folks!
#25DonomegaPosted 4/10/2013 7:31:10 AM
RollingCradle posted...
Ideally, the third game should be the last.

4 is when **** starts getting milked.

EDIT: Actually, I'll amend this statement to say that the 4th game should be the last. After 4 games, it's time to move on folks!

4th game is usually a reboot or prequel lol & the 105th game is called Mario :P
---
PSN: RobbieDaCool | Wii U: RobDaCool | 3DS: 0903-4184-6816
#26RollingCradlePosted 4/10/2013 7:34:58 AM
Well, using DMC as the prime example, after playing 4, while I loved the game, I felt like it was time for Capcom to move on rather then announcing 5, then 6, etc.

Same thing with MGS4, it was time to end it.
#27PhaseSlaethePosted 4/10/2013 7:35:35 AM
RollingCradle posted...
Well, using DMC as the prime example, after playing 4, while I loved the game, I felt like it was time for Capcom to move on rather then announcing 5, then 6, etc.

Same thing with MGS4, it was time to end it.

Except all DMC4 did was introduce new questions. A lot of them.
#28legolas95Posted 4/10/2013 8:45:46 AM
Whenever the plot demands it to end. So, usually after 2 or 3 games.
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180