This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hopefully next gen is not so patch friendly

#1balmung2100Posted 4/10/2013 12:27:04 AM
That's one of the main things that turned me off a whole lot this gen. Definitely not cool when you start out enjoying a vanilla version of a game online, then the fun gets sucked out of it since developers add multiple patches to it over time adusting things that some people felt was too hard/annoying to overcome. Adjustments are not always a good thing. That killed battlefield 3 and a some other games for me.
---
With this blow....I shall seal your fate!!!
"Yukimura Sanada"
#2akuma634Posted 4/10/2013 12:41:26 AM
That doesn't make sense. Patches are one of the best things about current gen consoles, if a game is buggy then it is possible to fix it. Why would you want to go back to when games were very buggy and there was no way to fix it?
#3angry_cowtipperPosted 4/10/2013 12:44:45 AM
Nothing wrong with patches.
---
Don't Starve (PC), Okami HD (PS3), Halo: Reach (360), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush (VITA)
#4XeonexFlashPosted 4/10/2013 12:48:50 AM
Because patch friendly gen this has become, alot of games needed patches very shortly after release, and some games also released nearly broken.....

So yes, patch friendly consoles tend to make Q and A testing fail.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaGBSNm6OSs
A message for Anonymous. Most epic youtube channel ever!
#5echa_OnePosted 4/10/2013 12:50:58 AM
Ahhh... it's the chicken or the egg all over again.

Release a buggy game then just patch it or release a game with no bug in the first place.
---
There is a board for RPG, you know:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else
#6justchill433Posted 4/10/2013 12:51:59 AM
Because patch friendly gen this has become, alot of games needed patches very shortly after release, and some games also released nearly broken.....

So yes, patch friendly consoles tend to make Q and A testing fail.

That's what everybody says, but have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe games are a lot more complex and there will be a lot more bugs? I mean Bethesda and Obsidian are inexcusable, but not every game is a buggy mess like those.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#7XeonexFlashPosted 4/10/2013 12:53:12 AM
Did I mention all games, I mentioned few..... Reading comprehension bro.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaGBSNm6OSs
A message for Anonymous. Most epic youtube channel ever!
#8justchill433Posted 4/10/2013 12:55:08 AM
I wasn't necessarily talking to you but the multitude of people that have said this and the many more people who will come in to say this.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#9monkeypahngPosted 4/10/2013 2:26:32 AM
echa_One posted...
Ahhh... it's the chicken or the egg all over again.

Release a buggy game then just patch it or release a game with no bug in the first place.

Because, you know, companies obviously do it on purpose so they can keep wasting money to release patches on PSN and XBL >_>
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#10MrSmadSmartAlexPosted 4/10/2013 2:35:52 AM(edited)
akuma634 posted...
That doesn't make sense. Patches are one of the best things about current gen consoles, if a game is buggy then it is possible to fix it. Why would you want to go back to when games were very buggy and there was no way to fix it?

It's also an excuse to release poorly tested games that are still full of bugs, because "Oh, we'll fix stuff later. Just buy the game now. Give us your money. :)". And so many problems end up not being fixed.

When there was no easy way to fix it, they had to be competent enough to get things right the first time, and if they weren't up to the job, everybody could see that, and not buy any more of their games. Now, they can just make a load of excuses and empty promises of "soon", and people just forgive them and patiently wait (forever).