This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hopefully next gen is not so patch friendly

#11ZurrurPosted 4/10/2013 2:34:40 AM
You won't even know if there was a patch, PS4 pre-downloads patches even before you think buying that specific game
#12Devilman_AmonPosted 4/10/2013 3:45:33 AM
MrSmadSmartAlex posted...
akuma634 posted...
That doesn't make sense. Patches are one of the best things about current gen consoles, if a game is buggy then it is possible to fix it. Why would you want to go back to when games were very buggy and there was no way to fix it?

It's also an excuse to release poorly tested games that are still full of bugs, because "Oh, we'll fix stuff later. Just buy the game now. Give us your money. :)". And so many problems end up not being fixed.

When there was no easy way to fix it, they had to be competent enough to get things right the first time, and if they weren't up to the job, everybody could see that, and not buy any more of their games. Now, they can just make a load of excuses and empty promises of "soon", and people just forgive them and patiently wait (forever).

this
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#13huyiPosted 4/10/2013 5:51:25 AM
Next gen will be even worse, all patches will auto download to your console regardless if you don't want it or not, there will be no prompts like you get on the ps3 when you start the game or no option to cancel either, there is a reason why sony have implemented a background downloading system on the ps4.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#14deprofundis442Posted 4/10/2013 7:46:19 AM
This gen of gamers is so uninformed.
---
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org
#15TerotrousPosted 4/10/2013 7:54:56 AM
It will be, because Wii U is already out and it has patches for games all the damn time.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "SNES Aladdin"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#16DonomegaPosted 4/10/2013 8:00:22 AM
Patches are important, don't get me wrong when a company rushes a game to meet a "deadline" then has to patch the hell out of it later to get it to work normally sucks

But sometimes game breaking glitches can be found and patched.
---
PSN: RobbieDaCool | Wii U: RobDaCool | 3DS: 0903-4184-6816
#17omescythePosted 4/10/2013 8:10:39 AM
pc games had patches way before this generation and people didn't get all angry then. dlc was known as expansion pack. thing is a glitch that happens to you may just as easly never happen to someone else. with games you can test something and no glitch happens then test it again and a glitch happens. besides pachtes are important for multiplayer games so that people who don't have x content can still play with people who do have it.
#18balmung2100(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 5:31:10 PM
akuma634 posted...
That doesn't make sense. Patches are one of the best things about current gen consoles, if a game is buggy then it is possible to fix it. Why would you want to go back to when games were very buggy and there was no way to fix it?

I'm all for patches that fix bugs. I'm talking about patches that adjusts gameplay mechanics. Like in battlefield 3, you were once able to detonate C4 after death and you could aim far away with the anti air weapon. People felt that it was annoying instead of just paying attention to the mini map and having a sense of awareness. The co-op was glitched to where you'd more than likely get stuck at a certain point. First patch rolls around and you can no longer detonate c4 after death and guns were tweaked a lot but the co-op bug is still there. Next patch rolls around and the you can no longer aim far away with the anti air weapon, while other guns were still being changed but the co-op is still buggy along with other bugs. That type of treatment is what can turn people away from a game.
---
With this blow....I shall seal your fate!!!
"Yukimura Sanada"
#19king_maddenPosted 4/10/2013 5:38:18 PM
i love the mindset of todays gamer. they have that whole i know nothing about game development or what goes into it, so ill just say the first illogical thing that comes to mind. not a single person here knows but some are quick to say they release a buggy game so they can fix it. of course that makes so much sense, put in work so you can put in more work while losing customers and suffering negative word of mouth.
#20crazyman32Posted 4/10/2013 5:39:41 PM(edited)
omescythe posted...
pc games had patches way before this generation and people didn't get all angry then. dlc was known as expansion pack. thing is a glitch that happens to you may just as easly never happen to someone else. with games you can test something and no glitch happens then test it again and a glitch happens. besides pachtes are important for multiplayer games so that people who don't have x content can still play with people who do have it.

well said and PC games have key codes as well.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.