This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the game "Amy" worth 1.99?

#21zinformantPosted 4/10/2013 8:41:07 AM
It's a shame nobody feels it's worth $2. It looked interesting prior to release. Empty promises? Sounded better on paper?
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#22Dave4202Posted 4/10/2013 8:43:17 AM
zinformant posted...
It's a shame nobody feels it's worth $2. It looked interesting prior to release. Empty promises? Sounded better on paper?

People didn't like it cause it plays and looks like a ps one game. But I don't see that as an issue since I loved PSOne, I'm one of those rare gamers that hasn't been spoiled by graphics and flashy cutscenes. I don't need them to enjoy a game, obviously alot of people do though.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=KingGuy420&platform=ps3
#23Devilman_AmonPosted 4/10/2013 8:49:39 AM
Early reviews smashed the game because it had an unforgiving difficulty, control and horrible checkpoint system.

All of that was later patched.

In any case, there are some classic survival horror instances like a trying to hide from armed guards when you're weaponless, and also some huge berserker beast by hiding in a closet etc.

Also the concept of the MC turning into a zombie when you strayed too far from Amy was an interesting gameplay mechanic and tried to build some type of gameplay suspense

But the game took a wrong turn for me when Amy started developing her 'powers' since at certain instances you are forced to use them and they are confusing to control
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#24true_gamer80Posted 4/10/2013 8:56:44 AM
Dave4202 posted...
Shadowrider70 posted...
Whats so bad about Amy?

I must know...

Metacritic gave it a bad review and the mindless sheep can't make their own decisions so they bash whatever metacritic tells them too. That's whats wrong with AMY.

ths guy nailed GF right on the head lol
---
Kool Kieth for president!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeknB3ceRNA
#25ps3_gamer_norgePosted 4/10/2013 9:04:42 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
Dave4202 posted...
Shadowrider70 posted...
Whats so bad about Amy?

I must know...

Metacritic gave it a bad review and the mindless sheep can't make their own decisions so they bash whatever metacritic tells them too. That's whats wrong with AMY.

No he didn't at all nail anything. There is a reason why it got such terrible reviews...
---
soldier 4 christ
#26true_gamer80Posted 4/10/2013 9:49:01 AM(edited)
ps3_gamer_norge posted...
true_gamer80 posted...
Dave4202 posted...
Shadowrider70 posted...
Whats so bad about Amy?

I must know...

No he didn't at all nail anything. There is a reason why it got such terrible reviews...

actually he did, im not even talkig specifically abut this game.....ever notice the vast majority around here barely play anything yet rip apart and bash everything...literally pretend they know everything and act all experienced......its called being a sheep and following the croud. Its one of the main reasons this site gets made fun of and laughed at by pretty much every gaming site around the net....
---
Kool Kieth for president!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeknB3ceRNA
#27Dicer7Posted 4/10/2013 9:54:19 AM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Early reviews smashed the game because it had an unforgiving difficulty, control and horrible checkpoint system.

All of that was later patched.

In any case, there are some classic survival horror instances like a trying to hide from armed guards when you're weaponless, and also some huge berserker beast by hiding in a closet etc.

Also the concept of the MC turning into a zombie when you strayed too far from Amy was an interesting gameplay mechanic and tried to build some type of gameplay suspense

But the game took a wrong turn for me when Amy started developing her 'powers' since at certain instances you are forced to use them and they are confusing to control

If the game got patched I might give it a shot again. I tried the demo back when it came out and liked it for the most part but kept hearing about how the save system and other things just butcher the experience. I have no qualms with dated gameplay mechanics or 90s survival horror gameplay for that matter.
#28ps3_gamer_norgePosted 4/10/2013 10:32:11 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
ps3_gamer_norge posted...
true_gamer80 posted...
Dave4202 posted...
Shadowrider70 posted...
Whats so bad about Amy?

I must know...

actually he did, im not even talkig specifically abut this game.....ever notice the vast majority around here barely play anything yet rip apart and bash everything...literally pretend they know everything and act all experienced......its called being a sheep and following the croud. Its one of the main reasons this site gets made fun of and laughed at by pretty much every gaming site around the net....

The board gets made fun of because everyone calls everyone sheep and trolls. He didn't nail anything, and you holding his hand isn't changing the fact that he is completely wrong.

Have you played Amy?
---
soldier 4 christ
#29digitalwill2000Posted 4/10/2013 10:33:03 AM
kupo1705 posted...
The real question is 'Is it worth your time?'
The answer to that question is no.

---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...
#30Killah PriestPosted 4/10/2013 10:36:34 AM
it might be worth 1.99 just to see what a terrible game really is.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.