This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Im really struggling to see a reason to get a next gen console any time soon

#1Dark World RulerPosted 4/10/2013 10:45:40 AM
So far the only one I have interest in is the PS4 for Killzone: Shadow Fall at launch since I love the series, but the PS3's releases till the end of year have me content.

I plan to get

The Last of Us
Saints Row 4
Tales of Xllia
Puppeteer
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix
Killer is Dead
Grand Theft Auto V
Beyond: Two Souls
Batman: Arkham Origins

I really cant believe there are so many good games still coming with a new console gen months away
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#2ScreamingMidgetPosted 4/10/2013 10:46:35 AM
Okay.
#3ChaoticKnucklesPosted 4/10/2013 10:49:49 AM
Dark World Ruler posted...
So far the only one I have interest in is the PS4 for Killzone: Shadow Fall at launch since I love the series, but the PS3's releases till the end of year have me content.

I plan to get

The Last of Us
Saints Row 4
Tales of Xllia
Puppeteer
Killer is Dead
Grand Theft Auto V

I really cant believe there are so many good games still coming with a new console gen months away

I agree, the only reason I'd buy one on release day would be if it were backwards compatible. That way I could still play all the great PS3 games that are coming out as well as having a PS4 for the occasional gem that might come out for it. But as with most system launches, it's going to most likely be at least a year before we start seeing enough games that are only on PS4 to warrant a purchase, at least on my opinion. I'm planning to wait at least until the end of 2014 before I even consider buying one.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#4DelsinRowePosted 4/10/2013 10:50:41 AM
Because inFAMOUS: Second Son.
---
You are not in control.
#5RafedxPosted 4/10/2013 10:52:52 AM

I plan to get

The Last of Us
Saints Row 4
Tales of Xllia
Puppeteer
Killer is Dead
Grand Theft Auto V

I cannot say yes or no with the new consoles yet. We have yet to see any substantial games other than the typical launch titles. Once E3 is over and the rest of the gaming shows have passed then I will be able to make up my mind as we will know more about games launching with the PS4.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#6Dark World Ruler(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 11:20:49 AM
ChaoticKnuckles posted...

I plan to get

The Last of Us
Saints Row 4
Tales of Xllia
Puppeteer
Killer is Dead
Grand Theft Auto V

I agree, the only reason I'd buy one on release day would be if it were backwards compatible. That way I could still play all the great PS3 games that are coming out as well as having a PS4 for the occasional gem that might come out for it. But as with most system launches, it's going to most likely be at least a year before we start seeing enough games that are only on PS4 to warrant a purchase, at least on my opinion. I'm planning to wait at least until the end of 2014 before I even consider buying one.

Well the thing for me is that unlike the PS3, the PS4 has a big game that I cant wait to play which makes it enticing to get at launch. I remember being bored of the PS2 and it's upcoming games by the time the PS3 was about to launch but in this case the PS3 is more than sufficient to keep gaming on. The only problem is I want that new Killzone as soon as it's available, but I also have a PS Vita and can play Killzone Mercenary while I wait to be finally "done" with PS3 and ready for PS4
---
#7Dark World Ruler(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 11:21:56 AM
DelsinRowe posted...
Because inFAMOUS: Second Son.

Yeah, inFamous is by far one of my favorite new series this gen but I truly think that it wont be ready at launch. It seems more like a Spring/Summer 2014 game for PS4
---
#8Dark World Ruler(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 11:24:47 AM
Rafedx posted...

I plan to get

The Last of Us
Saints Row 4
Tales of Xllia
Puppeteer
Killer is Dead
Grand Theft Auto V

I cannot say yes or no with the new consoles yet. We have yet to see any substantial games other than the typical launch titles. Once E3 is over and the rest of the gaming shows have passed then I will be able to make up my mind as we will know more about games launching with the PS4.

I get what you mean, Im waiting for E3 too to get a better idea of next gen releases but there are so many PS3 games still coming that I dont think it'll make a difference
---
#9xbs2034Posted 4/10/2013 11:39:39 AM
Well, with PS1 and 2, Sony kept support going for years with the old system after the new one had launched, and it looks to be the case again here (which is good, since a lot of people will wait a year or more before moving to the PS4, and I never liked how Nintendo and MS basically dumped their old consoles when the new one comes out, even Sony did it with the PSP when the Vita launched). Given the history, I'm not surprised by all the big PS3 games coming out this year, and I'm sure there will be a good amount of PS3 titles coming even beyond the PS4's launch, though I imagine some of the games you list will also get enhanced PS4 ports.
#10deathslovePosted 4/10/2013 12:28:04 PM
So far for ps4 these interest me:
Final Fantasy XV
Killzone: Shadow Fall
MGS5 -
Deep Down -
Diablo 3 -
Witcher 3:
Destiny -
Thief -
Battlefield 4
infamous 2nd son
knack

Not all are exclusives but most won't come to wii U and paid online with 720.
Unless a lot of these come out for ps3 also, I say ps4 is worth it.