This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Im really struggling to see a reason to get a next gen console any time soon

#11xbs2034Posted 4/10/2013 1:36:45 PM
deathslove posted...
So far for ps4 these interest me:
Final Fantasy XV
Killzone: Shadow Fall
MGS5 -
Deep Down -
Diablo 3 -
Witcher 3:
Destiny -
Thief -
Battlefield 4
infamous 2nd son
knack

Not all are exclusives but most won't come to wii U and paid online with 720.
Unless a lot of these come out for ps3 also, I say ps4 is worth it.

Destiny, MGS5, Battlefield 4, and Diablo 3 are all confirmed to come out on PS3 as well (in fact Battlefield 4 and MGS5 have yet to be announced for PS4, but everyone assumes that will happen once MS's next system is revealed). I'm pretty sure Killzone, Infamous, and Witcher 3 are the ones confirmed to be next-gen only, not sure about all the others, but I would guess most won't come to PS4 but I wouldn't be shocked if one does.
#12jcrush089Posted 4/10/2013 2:28:57 PM
well E3 is coming up so they might announce some really cool games that would convince us to purchase a next gen console
#13JerichoDarkstarPosted 4/10/2013 2:32:53 PM(edited)
deathslove posted...
So far for ps4 these interest me:
Final Fantasy XV
Killzone: Shadow Fall
MGS5 -
Deep Down -
Diablo 3 -
Witcher 3:
Destiny -
Thief -
Battlefield 4
infamous 2nd son
knack

Not all are exclusives but most won't come to wii U and paid online with 720.
Unless a lot of these come out for ps3 also, I say ps4 is worth it.

I pretty sure Diablo 3 and Destiny are coming to the PS3, and so is Assassin's Creed IV. I'm also fairly certian that inFAMOUS, Knack, FFXV, and Deep Down are absolutely NOT coming to the PS3. The others, I don't know.

EDIT:
xbs2034 posted...
Destiny, MGS5, Battlefield 4, and Diablo 3 are all confirmed to come out on PS3 as well (in fact Battlefield 4 and MGS5 have yet to be announced for PS4, but everyone assumes that will happen once MS's next system is revealed). I'm pretty sure Killzone, Infamous, and Witcher 3 are the ones confirmed to be next-gen only, not sure about all the others, but I would guess most won't come to PS4 but I wouldn't be shocked if one does.

Ninja'd -_-
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
PSN: DarkSilverCloud
#14ChaoticKnucklesPosted 4/11/2013 11:58:52 AM
Dark World Ruler posted...
ChaoticKnuckles posted...
Dark World Ruler posted...
So far the only one I have interest in is the PS4 for Killzone: Shadow Fall at launch since I love the series, but the PS3's releases till the end of year have me content.

I plan to get

The Last of Us
Saints Row 4
Tales of Xllia
Puppeteer
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix
Killer is Dead
Grand Theft Auto V
Beyond: Two Souls
Batman: Arkham Origins

I really cant believe there are so many good games still coming with a new console gen months away

I agree, the only reason I'd buy one on release day would be if it were backwards compatible. That way I could still play all the great PS3 games that are coming out as well as having a PS4 for the occasional gem that might come out for it. But as with most system launches, it's going to most likely be at least a year before we start seeing enough games that are only on PS4 to warrant a purchase, at least on my opinion. I'm planning to wait at least until the end of 2014 before I even consider buying one.

Well the thing for me is that unlike the PS3, the PS4 has a big game that I cant wait to play which makes it enticing to get at launch. I remember being bored of the PS2 and it's upcoming games by the time the PS3 was about to launch but in this case the PS3 is more than sufficient to keep gaming on. The only problem is I want that new Killzone as soon as it's available, but I also have a PS Vita and can play Killzone Mercenary while I wait to be finally "done" with PS3 and ready for PS4

Is Killzone confirmed to be available at launch though? I feel like all those games that Sony showed off at the PS4 reveal won't be launch titles except for maybe Knack and Diablo 3, but that's just my own guess.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.