This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hitman HD Trilogy or Splinter Cell HD Trilogy?

#1Luketheman5Posted 4/10/2013 6:46:52 PM
The PS store is having a great sale on these two titles and I was thinking of trying them out. I enjoy stealth games but the only one I've really played is the MGS series, which I love to death.

Are these any good? Which one is more fun/has the better HD transfer?
---
Currently Playing: Nothing for now.
PSN: Luketheman5
#2Street_GeniusPosted 4/10/2013 6:54:06 PM
Hitman by far.
---
Respect few, fear none..
Full tattoo sleeve = 61 hours and 48 minutes under the gun. (89% done)
#3BronxstaPosted 4/10/2013 7:11:26 PM(edited)
Depends what kind of stealth you prefer.

Hitman is about disguises, hiding in plain sight, using accidents and other devious methods to kill targets and escaping without anyone knowing
Splinter Cell revolves around light and shadows, creeping through the darkness, infiltrating areas and completing objectives without being seen

I enjoy both series, but having recently bought Blood Money HD and Chaos Theory HD, I'm finding Chaos Theory better. One, it's a port of the PC game so lighting and visuals are still awesome. Two, barring a few framerate issues, it runs smoothly and still controls well. And three, I consider using shadows and darkness the most enjoyable kind of stealth

But Blood Money has much more replayability and some dark humor. And some of the best mini-sandbox level design in any game IMO
#4BigSaltyDookiePosted 4/10/2013 7:11:24 PM
Splinter Cell HD Trilogy, by far. Just played the trilogy again a few months ago and it was a ton of fun. Forgot how amazing those games are.
---
Now Playing
BioShock Infinite (PS3), Assassin's Creed III (PS3) - Saints Row 3 (PS3) - RDR: GOTY (PS3) - Left 4 Dead 2 (PC) Lego Batman 2 (PS3)
#5xxcheexxPosted 4/10/2013 7:33:17 PM
I prefer Hitman. There's just something really twistedly exciting hiding in plain sight and stalking your victim.
---
If it's all civilized, you're doing it wrong.
Steam: xxSolstice
#6DrunkBeardGuyPosted 4/10/2013 7:45:06 PM
Nothing wrong with getting both, worth every penny. Just don't buy them off the store, I heard the digital versions have some framerate problems.
---
May the odds be ever in your favor
http://i.imgur.com/C41sDRQ.gif
#7Ghetto_ninjaPosted 4/10/2013 7:56:09 PM
I like both of them. Hitman is a little harder to get into imo. Reason being as there is a lot more trial and error than with Splinter Cell. Chaos Theory is an awesome game with some epic split screen co-op missions. I've only beaten Splinter Cell on PS2 and am about half way through Hitman 2. The HD is great just a simple resolution upgrade with no a great frame rate. Haven't started the HD versions of Splinter Cell but I've seen the trilogy for under 20 new and the Hitman HD trilogy comes in some nice packaging with a sweet artbook so I'd recommend getting the physical versions.
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!!!
#8J SasakiPosted 4/10/2013 8:08:31 PM
Ghetto_ninja posted...
I like both of them. Hitman is a little harder to get into imo. Reason being as there is a lot more trial and error than with Splinter Cell. Chaos Theory is an awesome game with some epic split screen co-op missions. I've only beaten Splinter Cell on PS2 and am about half way through Hitman 2. The HD is great just a simple resolution upgrade with no a great frame rate. Haven't started the HD versions of Splinter Cell but I've seen the trilogy for under 20 new and the Hitman HD trilogy comes in some nice packaging with a sweet artbook so I'd recommend getting the physical versions.

Splinter Cell HD doesn't any co-op or any competitive multiplayer.