This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony want's more than FPS for PS4 (IGN)

#11UniversquallPosted 4/10/2013 10:46:19 PM
sean2995 posted...
and whats considered a system seller?

Depends on the person. Some humorous people on this board have counted Zelda as one.
---
Nintendo4Lyfe
#12sean2995Posted 4/11/2013 5:11:39 PM
I wasn't asking literally what is a system seller. I mean he talks about needing one but what would you consider one to be? The 360 ones are so obvious why, but it gets into PC vs Consoles debates if you look into it further.

I guess you could say its a game that makes people want to buy the system. Bought a GC for Resident Evil and yet I bought only 6 games for that system in its entire life since I was late to the party.
#13Junpei_StupeiPosted 4/11/2013 5:21:32 PM(edited)
I sure as hell hope so.

I'm so sick of the same old generic western shooting games being developed on PS3.

Why is Lightning Returns taking so long?

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#14KaiKun91Posted 4/11/2013 6:12:14 PM
I don't blame Sony wanted more FPS because to win against its competitor the PS4 need to dominate the West and FPS mostly only appeal to Western.
#15Lelouch71Posted 4/11/2013 6:15:42 PM
Whether they stick to that plan or not it still won't surpass the 3DS and potentially the Vita as far as jrpgs goes. The Japanese are becoming less and less interested in consoles. It's all about handhelds and mobile devices for them.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#16ManservicePosted 4/11/2013 6:17:50 PM
Sony realized that too many weeaboos own a PS3, and that's why their FPS games flopped and couldn't do Halo numbers.
#17glory of power metalPosted 4/11/2013 6:43:07 PM
So many people seem to cling to this notion that since the FPS genre saw a lot of growth this gen it means that the market is absolutely nothing but gritty photorealistic military shooters. Am I the only person who managed to play about 10 really well made and creative FPS among a larger percentage of non-FPS games? Every genre was well represented this generation, stop hating video games just because they're popular. For the sake of everyone who is hellbent on the fall of FPS, I really hope the market goes back to the Guitar Hero/Rock Band craze just to spite you.
---
i7-950 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | 650W | NEC 2490WUXi 1920x1200
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#18sean2995Posted 4/11/2013 6:55:49 PM
glory of power metal posted...
So many people seem to cling to this notion that since the FPS genre saw a lot of growth this gen it means that the market is absolutely nothing but gritty photorealistic military shooters. Am I the only person who managed to play about 10 really well made and creative FPS among a larger percentage of non-FPS games? Every genre was well represented this generation, stop hating video games just because they're popular. For the sake of everyone who is hellbent on the fall of FPS, I really hope the market goes back to the Guitar Hero/Rock Band craze just to spite you.

If only. What do you think the main thing about this generation is? Competitive play.

FPS just seem easy to get into since fighters have the dedicated some. Other series have tried to branch off aka AC/GoW/TR etc. Sadly racers are more casual and don't have the same feeling.

We need a game like LoL and mabey that could turn the tides but they seem more popular on the PC.
#19kcypher2000Posted 4/11/2013 9:13:50 PM
I think some people are just bitter that FPS are so dominant. From Doom to Golden Eye to Half Life to Halo we have had some great fpers for several generations but I think it was online gaming and the mass appeal of Call of Duty that really launched the popularity of shooters.

While I am sick of CoD myself i see nothing wrong with it for the people who enjoy it because there have been plenty of other great games this generation. My favorite Sony exclusive was Disgaea 4 followed by Infamous or Eye of Judgment. I think Sonys devs did an okay job with their fpsers but they were too forgettable but they were not so bad that Sony should abandon them unless they have a new plan for these devs.
#20RemakeMePosted 4/11/2013 9:23:39 PM
I just want a next gen Timesplitters.

All the best FPS games are multi console anyways.... Im betting Destiny will be a smash hit and be the next game haters will hate on because everyone plays it.

But in all honesty people comeplain that there's too many fps games but in reality there's not enough everything else....and it's all based on wether or not the developer can deliver.
Sony has many generes and exclusives outside FPS....infamouse, littlebigplanet, a bunch of neat PSN titles as well.

With next gen, i imagine there being more of everything else now in better quality due to many reasons, easier to develope and no restrictions for psn. Even the crossplay for vita will entice the jrpg handheld crowd and give us more of cross gen games and niche jrpgs even though i dont really care for them, but it's something to shut the weaboos up.
---
"There's No absolutes in life. Only in Vodka"