This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Disgaea 4 Ghost starts with fire?

#1inuyasha8106Posted 4/10/2013 8:51:26 PM
So I wasnt sure how alive the D4 board is so I figured I'd come here and see if anyone has some insight on this :D

So I just created a mage and he started with fire, so does he learn mega fire, and omega fire as well as his normal ghost spells?

Also, if I take an ice mage, and wind mage and I turn them into ghosts, will he start with the spell that each person was originally? (ice mage= ghost starts with ice, wind mage= ghost starts with wind)

And if not then if I take a wind mage for example who has the basic wind spell, will this open up these spell trees for the ghost if he doesnt get the advanced skills?

hope that makes sense! THX DOODS :3
---
PSN: Xeno8106
#2inuyasha8106(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 8:52:47 PM
sorry I meant ghost, as the title says
---
#3omescythePosted 4/10/2013 9:21:52 PM
unlocking spells to the next level ie fire to mega fire is only throught the human charature that learns all the fire spells. monster charature can learn spells from a human charature by being in the same group. human charature casts what ever magic and the monster will learn it. rencarnating a human charature that has the spell into a monster charature will have that spell. i think that how it works from what i remember. its been a while since i have last played it.
#4echa_OnePosted 4/10/2013 9:28:39 PM
Keep learning and boosting your Fire and your red Mage will eventually learn the higher tier of Fire magic. Same goes with blue and green Mage. Your Mage will NOT learn Ghost spells because they are unique. Only Ghost can learn Ghost spells.

Your Ghost can start the spells (not unique spells, though) from the class before reincarnation, yes. However, the inheritance depends on the rank and mana you spend (95% Genius is the best and you'll start with the most skills but it's expensive).

Your Ghost will only learn the basic Wind spell from green Mage. The Wind spell will not improve to Giga Wind or Omega Wind or Tera Wind. Learn as much skills/spells when you're still a green Mage, then reincarnate as Genius if you want to inherit all skills.

You can also learn skills through Chara World. Have you unlocked Chara World?
---
There is a board for RPG, you know:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else
#5inuyasha8106(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 9:36:28 PM
echa_One posted...
Keep learning and boosting your Fire and your red Mage will eventually learn the higher tier of Fire magic. Same goes with blue and green Mage. Your Mage will NOT learn Ghost spells because they are unique. Only Ghost can learn Ghost spells.

Your Ghost can start the spells (not unique spells, though) from the class before reincarnation, yes. However, the inheritance depends on the rank and mana you spend (95% Genius is the best and you'll start with the most skills but it's expensive).

Your Ghost will only learn the basic Wind spell from green Mage. The Wind spell will not improve to Giga Wind or Omega Wind or Tera Wind. Learn as much skills/spells when you're still a green Mage, then reincarnate as Genius if you want to inherit all skills.

You can also learn skills through Chara World. Have you unlocked Chara World?

Okay so my ghost that has Fire right now will only have fire and the basic ghost spells? I fought an upgraded ghost (lighter blue) that had fire and wind..is the level 2 ghost maybe start with wind capability..? Sorry, I'm just not sure if I should use this ghost if all he'll get is fire 1, or make 3 mage girls and use them and then reincarnate them into ghosts when they get like mega skills?
---
#6Death_By_MattamPosted 4/10/2013 9:39:22 PM
To get wind or ice on your ghost, you have to reincarnate that ghost as a ice/wind mage to learn the respective element. After they've learned the wind and ice spells, you can reincarnate back to a ghost with fire, ice, and wind along with the unique ghost skills.
#7inuyasha8106(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 9:45:47 PM
Death_By_Mattam posted...
To get wind or ice on your ghost, you have to reincarnate that ghost as a ice/wind mage to learn the respective element. After they've learned the wind and ice spells, you can reincarnate back to a ghost with fire, ice, and wind along with the unique ghost skills.

so do you think it makes more sense to make 3 girl mages, learn up to mega element of their character then change into ghost? As of now I only have my 1 ghost who has fire so i feel like I should make some more mages?

Also this site said that the ghost can cast up to giga fire, http://disgaea.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost_%28Disgaea_4%29 , is that mean if hes taught it he can? But he cant do the final tier (which if i remember right is omega?)
---
#8Death_By_MattamPosted 4/10/2013 9:54:40 PM
That's up to you if you want 3 ghosts that use different elements along with their base fire ability.

Ghosts naturally learn up to Giga Fire. I believe the 3rd tier of Ghost has the ability to spend mana points to learn it. You unlock new tiers of units by reaching certain level thresholds with that specific unit class. To learn Omega and Tera level spells, a ghost would have to be reincarnated as a mage/witch then raised to level 100 or so to be able to learn them.
#9GobizkuPosted 4/10/2013 10:59:14 PM
Just make them into galaxy skulls eventually and use star magic. It's so much easier using a catch all spell for all enemies rather than trying to level 3 branches of magic and pick/choose them based on the enemies.
---
"Chaos Is Not Entropy...Chaos Is Continual Creation." -Praxis
Preparation For A Coming Darkness