This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

embroiled in a trophy war with my brother

#11jubjub360Posted 4/10/2013 10:36:59 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
jubjub360 posted...
DotsAndLines posted...
You guys should be competing on quality not quantity. One Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plat is worth 1000 other trophies.

Except its not and if it was, it would show that in the trophy menu.

Ahem.

Btw he is right. Having more trophies << having trophies worth getting.

Wrong. A platinum trophy is just one single platinum trophy. It doesn't automatically shoot your rank up by having one trophy.
#12MrMolinaroPosted 4/10/2013 10:37:09 PM
I'm doing a one playthrough platinum on Bioshock right now and you should prepare yourself for a major challenge in the first two levels.

Back to the Future: The Game - Only the disk version has a platinum but digital has 300 more points.
Spare Parts (PSN) - I haven't played this but it has tons of golds just like Terminator.
Trine 2 (PSN) - Fun colorful platformer with another gold crazy trophy list.
Sonic's Ultimate Sega Genesis Collection - Easy plat and includes some of the greatest RPGs ever made.
#13SigmaHacielPosted 4/10/2013 10:37:29 PM
jubjub360 posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
jubjub360 posted...
DotsAndLines posted...
You guys should be competing on quality not quantity. One Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plat is worth 1000 other trophies.

Ahem.

Wrong. A platinum trophy is just one single platinum trophy. It doesn't automatically shoot your rank up by having one trophy.

Missed the bold part. Or chose to ignorance it.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#14jubjub360Posted 4/10/2013 10:38:38 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
jubjub360 posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
jubjub360 posted...
DotsAndLines posted...

Ahem.

Missed the bold part. Or chose to ignorance it.

A. Ignore it not ignorance it. Ignorance is not an interchangeable word.
B. Yes I did miss the bold part.
#15DotsAndLinesPosted 4/10/2013 10:39:46 PM
jubjub360 posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
jubjub360 posted...
DotsAndLines posted...

Ahem.

LOL@your ignorance. As a matter of fact, one platinum levels you up much more than a bunch of bronzes. Look it up noob.
#16Yaboy125(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 10:40:24 PM
kel25 posted...
What games have you played? Also is the platinum count or the overall trophy count more important?

This info would help us suggest games for you besides the typical Terminator Salvation and Hanna Montana games.

I would strongly suggest Taletell's The Walking Dead. A fairly short game that will give you a platinum just for finishing the game.

Plat'd the walking dead.

Not allowed to play games JUST for trophies, hannah montana, and any other shovelware like terminator won't work. it's not a rule or anything, at least not a written one. but thats just how it is.

its not about plats or golds, its about comparing percentage. I am at level 13, 10%, he is currently at 13 with 2%, so I have an 8% lead. All of this lead was obtained via bioshock infinite.

I have a vita as well, currently working on playthrough 2 of persona 4 golden, hopefully I can plat it without a 3rd playthrough.

ps3 games I currently own and have barely started, if at all : dynasty warriors strikeforce, dead island, demons souls, twisted metal, bl2 (finished 1 playthru, was fun, no dlc purchased tho), mgs hd collection (beat mgs 3 on ps3, I also own it for vita, which means I can unlock trophies in Mgs:PW, MGS2, MGS2 vita, and MGS3 vita still), gta IV : episodes from liberty city ( i also own GTA 4 but I have as many trophies as Ill ever get I bet ), ico + sotc, white knight chronicles II (huge time suck, might play though cause brother just started skyrim), sacred 2, modnation racers, lbp karting, lbp 1 + 2, and pretty much any PS+ title in the past year or two.

We don't live together, so I can't play his GF games. But we do gameshare, so anything I buy from the PSN store he will also have access to, and vice versa (we split bioshock infinite, with the $10 back promo last month, brand new game only cost me $25, thats pretty ****ing cool IMO)
---
Have you read the Old Testament? **** goes down in that. -RinkuTanuki
#17jubjub360Posted 4/10/2013 10:44:34 PM(edited)
DotsAndLines posted...
jubjub360 posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
jubjub360 posted...
DotsAndLines posted...

Ahem.

LOL@your ignorance. As a matter of fact, one platinum levels you up much more than a bunch of bronzes. Look it up noob.

But what you're arguing is that NGS2's platinum is worth more than, say, Call of Duty's platinum. And lol at calling me a noob when I've destroyed your argument. At least Sigma understood where I was going.

Wait wait wait... You might get confused again.

Lets say you have 2 accounts, both level 0 for trophies. Now Account A gets the plat in NGS2. Account B gets the plat in CoD. The level will still be the same.
#18Yaboy125(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 10:43:02 PM
DotsAndLines posted...

we do, to a point. the rules aren't exactly written, like i said, its more a bragging rights thing. and he TECHNICALLY pulled ahead of me for a few hours on saturday, but since I had 4 plats to his 2 (one of which is TWD, for both of us) I still considered myself out in front.

Ironically, neither one of us has platinumed the same game, aside from TWD, and automatic plats dont really count. In fact, I convinced my brother to STOP playing TWD and get a DIFFERENT platinum first, as I thought his first platinum shouldn't be one so easy to get. He agreed. He platinumed sly cooper before I even knew he was playing it.
---
Have you read the Old Testament? **** goes down in that. -RinkuTanuki
#19DotsAndLinesPosted 4/10/2013 10:50:14 PM
@jubjub360

You destroyed your own argument when you made a false statement that I corrected. Since when did I say NGS2 plat was worth more than CoD plat? Making up stuff doesn't help your argument. What I am saying is, of course, is that it's more meaningful to go after harder trophies bcz it give you more bragging rights.

You're pretty horrible at this trolling thing. Just stop it. You're not clever or entertaining, just annoying. You're by far the worst troll I've seen on this board, and that's saying a lot. I understand people getting too passionate about the games they like and argue with each other. But you...you purposefully go into topics, pick one random user and attacks him and trolls him. Don't think people don't notice you constantly doing that. You're here only for the sake of arguing and trolling others.
#20jubjub360Posted 4/10/2013 10:54:49 PM
DotsAndLines posted...
@jubjub360

You destroyed your own argument when you made a false statement that I corrected. Since when did I say NGS2 plat was worth more than CoD plat? Making up stuff doesn't help your argument. What I am saying is, of course, is that it's more meaningful to go after harder trophies bcz it give you more bragging rights.

You're pretty horrible at this trolling thing. Just stop it. You're not clever or entertaining, just annoying. You're by far the worst troll I've seen on this board, and that's saying a lot. I understand people getting too passionate about the games they like and argue with each other. But you...you purposefully go into topics, pick one random user and attacks him and trolls him. Don't think people don't notice you constantly doing that. You're here only for the sake of arguing and trolling others.

Subject does not understand examples and must be taken as a joke and a troll.

You did say that a game's trophy weighs more than another game's trophy. I used the example of NGS2 vs CoD because you didn't use anything to weigh, or support, your argument. Here let me repost what you said:
your argument= one game's trophy weighs more than another's.

So tell me... how am I trolling again? I'm trolling because I proved you wrong? Do you know what the term trolling is? If you did know, you'd know I'm not one and have never been. Now what I have done is gone into topics and read what people have posted and corrected them when they are wrong, but that's not trolling.