This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good action RPGs?

#21DakhanavarXPosted 4/11/2013 11:55:51 AM
Along with what's been mentioned, I'd like to throw out one more: Sacred 2

Mind you, it's a little rough around the edges, but it's got a huge world, tons of loot, lots of ways to customize the character (Not so much appearance, but in terms of skills and abilities), mounts, a light & dark campaign, 2 player local co-op, 200 character levels, special appearance by Blind Guardian, etc.

Not a perfect game, but for what you can probably get it for nowadays, it's certainly worth considering. It's like a less-polished version of Diablo or Torchlight, but with a few unique elements to help it stand out.
---
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library
#22NotoriousJEEBUSPosted 4/11/2013 3:34:11 PM
DakhanavarX posted...

Mind you, it's a little rough around the edges, but it's got a huge world, tons of loot, lots of ways to customize the character (Not so much appearance, but in terms of skills and abilities), mounts, a light & dark campaign, 2 player local co-op, 200 character levels, special appearance by Blind Guardian, etc.

Not a perfect game, but for what you can probably get it for nowadays, it's certainly worth considering. It's like a less-polished version of Diablo or Torchlight, but with a few unique elements to help it stand out.

Sounds like Champions of Norrath for the PS2...I might give it a shot due to the local co-op.
#23SigmaHacielPosted 4/11/2013 3:36:30 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Isn't there a Young Justice action RPG being made?

One could also argue DW7 Empires is an action RPG. Fist of the North Star 2 as well...

If anything like the 3DS version, the Young Justice game is disappointing to the max.

As for DW7-E - skippable really unless you SUPER love Koei and DW7 (fixed).

FoNS2? Just get 1. Much better game overall.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#24Still__RippinPosted 4/11/2013 3:39:40 PM
NotoriousJEEBUS posted...
DakhanavarX posted...

Sounds like Champions of Norrath for the PS2...I might give it a shot due to the local co-op.

l absolutely adore Sacred 2. In my opinion it's the best dungeon crawler RPG ever, period. Better than Diablo or Torchlight honestly. The amount of time you can spend in the game is just astounding. Not to mention how diverse all the classes are. If you do pick it up and want to do some co op online sometime give me a friend request on PSN. Rip_Dat_Bong
---
- He doesn't row?
- No, he DOESN'T row.
#25LevittaPosted 4/11/2013 3:42:17 PM
That depends are you only looking for PS3 action RPGs?
---
Trails in the Sky for the PSP, has the best writing and setting I've seen in a RPG. Please support it so the sequels can come out.
#26kobalobasileusPosted 4/11/2013 4:04:40 PM
Good
Action
RPG

Pick 2.
#27BEB22Posted 4/11/2013 4:07:14 PM
whats loli mean?
---
PSN- Bushwick128
#28ShuyinOnTheWayPosted 4/11/2013 4:07:24 PM
Tales of Graces f has some amazing really amazing gameplay!
---
Die and let live
If a rick roll could roll ricks, how many rick rolls would a rick roll roll if a rick roll ricks rolls?
#29RPGspleasePosted 4/11/2013 4:56:31 PM
kobalobasileus posted...
Good
Action
RPG

Pick 2.

Ys kicks u in the nads and say no ill pick all three
---
"Some of this is garbage, most is handheld, and most isn't even in ENGLISH. " Phaseslaethe on Japan's mediacreate numbers
#30SigmaHacielPosted 4/11/2013 4:57:17 PM
ShuyinOnTheWay posted...
Tales of Graces f has some fairly decent gameplay!

Took care of the lies for you.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.