This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gonna finally buy a PS3, yes/no on these games?

#21legolas95Posted 4/11/2013 9:55:58 AM
Rayman Origins: you want a solid platformer, so sure
inFamous: big yes
Prototype 1/2: its like inFamous, but bad. So no
LittleBigPlanet: it doesnt really have a story so skip the first. Also a great platformer
Dead Island: meh, haven't played it but from what ive heard, no
Civilization Revolution: if you want a good console rts, then sure
Red Dead Redemption: the first isnt very good and its old. Plus RDR is standalone. And this game is a big yes
Crysis: I liked Crysis 2, never played the first. If you want a solid sci fi shooter with a crap story then id recommend the 2nd. Hated the muliplayer btw
Call of Juarez : Bound in Blood: meh
Heavy Rain: yes. Its fairly unique and worth checking out
Resident Evil 5: No. Theres better co-op games available, and dont bother with the single player
Gran Turismo 5: I dont like racing games, so no comment
Mortal Kombat Komplete: If you like fighters, sure
Star Wars : Force Unleashed: yes to the first, hell no to the 2nd
Resistance 2: never played it, but its a popular ps3 franchise so maybe
Duke Nukem Forever: hell no
Borderlands or Borderlands 2: Yes
Saints Row: Never played
X-Men Destiny: Hell no
Marvel vs. Capcom 3, never played
Deus Ex : Human Revolutions: A big yes
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#22cirkmetroidPosted 4/11/2013 9:59:30 AM
Rogziel2k posted...
xmen destiny is complete garbage

Truth!
---
PSN: Cirkustanz
What are you, 12?
#23Ghetto_ninjaPosted 4/11/2013 10:20:58 AM
It is not. I doubt any of you who say it's garbage actually played it. No you don't get to play as any X-men but it's awesome how you get to customize your abilities with other x-men powers. And they did a good job on the powers with Toad powers you'll hop around like a toad excreting poison, and with colossus powers you're a tank that can become invincible. I bought it for 9.99 during a Best Buy sale figuring wth and ended up enjoying it more than I imagined. The boss fights are epic and very well done. Duke Nukem retains all the charm, weaponary, and enemies that we all loved Duke for in the first place. Maybe if you all played the games instead of just taking reviews for truth.
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!!!
#24airfoemoePosted 4/11/2013 10:33:53 AM
Do not get Crysis, skip to 2 and 3.

Get these:
Ni No Kuni
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Tales of Graces F
Uncharted 2 and 3 (first is terrible and dated)
Sonic Generations
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Rising
Demon's Souls
Mass Effect Trilogy
Dead Or Alive 5
Saints Row the Third

That should cover all bases.
---
http://www.schtserv.com/connect.php
^ go here if u wanna play Phantasy Star Online for Gamecube, Dreamcast,and PC (for free)
#25MalifacentXPosted 4/11/2013 11:54:12 AM
Rayman Origins: Tight controls, great graphics, fantastically fun

inFamous: GTA SuperHero/Villain. The second was far better, but the first is a good primer.

Prototype 1/2: I just couldn't get into these. GTA Resident Evil Tyrant?

LittleBigPlanet: The second is far and away superior, and one of the system's best

Dead Island: Fun, but begs for couch co-op... doesn't have it. Begs to be played online.

Civilization Revolution: Haven't played it.

Red Dead Redemption (is this the first of the series? Favorite Open-World of this gen

Crysis: A fantastic single-player experience that is better than the sequels with a lot of freedom

Call of Juarez : Bound in Blood: Opinions may vary, but I love a good Western
Heavy Rain: An amazing interactive storyline with MANY choices, held together by constant QTE

Resident Evil 5: Fun if you have a second player, but NOT representative of the RE series

Gran Turismo 5: If you need a SIM-racer, there is none better for they system, but I prefer more arcadey

Mortal Kombat Komplete: Best 2D fighter with 3D graphics of the generation. Fantastic Story Mode

Star Wars : Force Unleashed EXCELLENT bridge between Epidsodes III and IV with a few control difficulties, but a great time.

Resistance 2 Don't just get one. The story of the trilogy makes the entire series worth the play

Duke Nukem Forever: Mindless. Quirky, but I didn't have fun.

Borderlands or Borderlands 2: ZERO reason to play the first now that the sequel is out. THIS is your multiplayer god.

Saints Row: I loved the 2nd one. Think GTA with gangs instead of the mob, and poop everywhere. Never takes itself seriously, and that's a good thing.

X-Men Destiny Haven't played it, but haven't heard much good about it.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: It's no MvC2, but it's fun

Deus Ex : Human Revolutions: Brilliant, though I'm looking forward to the Wii U version that allows a little more freedom of choice to otherwise violence-required boss fights
---
PSN: SeventhLegion
NNID: MrKupka
#26Robert_Griffin3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 8:18:23 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Really helped me narrow down my list, and add some I wasn't looking at.

Question, does your PS3 have to be backwards compatible to play old PS1 and PS2 games downloaded from the store? I just noticed that they have Xenogears for 10 bucks. And do all the downloadable games in working condition? I've heard that there are some issues with backwards compatibility, but I'm not sure if this applies to the games downloaded?

So 1) Do I need a BC PS3 to play downloaded games and 2) do the downloaded games work glitch-free (for the most part).

I'm drooling at the list of PS1 RPG's available on the online store.
#27Caer_DeathPosted 4/13/2013 12:02:38 PM
Robert_Griffin3 posted...
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Really helped me narrow down my list, and add some I wasn't looking at.

Question, does your PS3 have to be backwards compatible to play old PS1 and PS2 games downloaded from the store? I just noticed that they have Xenogears for 10 bucks. And do all the downloadable games in working condition? I've heard that there are some issues with backwards compatibility, but I'm not sure if this applies to the games downloaded?

So 1) Do I need a BC PS3 to play downloaded games and 2) do the downloaded games work glitch-free (for the most part).

I'm drooling at the list of PS1 RPG's available on the online store.

1) All PS3s have BC for PS1 games. Put a PS1 disc in, and it should work. Only the earliest models allowed you to play PS2 discs. Regardless of the model, you can play all downloadable games, including PS2.

2) As far as I've seen, they all work glitch free.
---
The circle of life was founded by the god of America. Love it or leave it!