This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It looks like Dark Souls 2 is staying difficult for the fans

#1PurelyDivinePosted 4/11/2013 12:57:06 PM
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/11/dark-souls-ii-director-no-intent-to-make-the-game-easier/

Yui Tanimura, Director: I personally like difficult games myself, so if I had the opportunity to make a bold difference, it would have been to make the game even more difficult. But obviously this is a sequel to a series, so I have no intentions of turning the tables 180 degrees. So no, there is no intent by myself to make the game easier at all.

I plan to add onto the perfection that was Dark Souls and try to carry on the core essence. Which is the satisfaction of overcoming these incredibly tough challenges, but to also enjoy the deaths, to enjoy the hard times. Thatís something I want to maintain.

---
I love Deidara. She's so hot - photobucket.com/albums/m560/theblaz1/DEIDARA.jpg
I love Cloud. She's so hot - photobucket.com/albums/m560/theblaz1/CLOUD.jpg
#2este914Posted 4/11/2013 12:58:49 PM
That's just what theyre saying so the fanboys don't throw a pissy fit.... It'll be more noob friendly then ever....
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#3SigmaHacielPosted 4/11/2013 12:59:24 PM
THANK YOU!

Tanimura, all my love.

But, lo, all the trolls will come marching in, brandishing hatred-forks for the lack of noob mode.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#4SoaringDivePosted 4/11/2013 1:00:48 PM
I've read a lot of interviews. I never doubted the new director at all, even when the game was first announced. He clearly knows what he's doing, and he understand game design. All of his interviews come down to "I get game design, this game is going to be awesome".

Like this interview, he clearly understands what the original games were about and how to change it in good ways (so that we aren't getting the same game over and over again):

http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1883599/dark_souls_2_interview_why_it_wont_be_easier_than_dark_souls.html
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#5EternalNetherPosted 4/11/2013 1:10:46 PM
Good for those people that actually find entertainment in dying one cheap unavoidable death after another until you memorize what's going to happen. I'll never pay a cent for the series until they change what it is at its core.
---
Soul Silver FC: 4084-5736-0282
#6theshovellerPosted 4/11/2013 1:13:41 PM
Why do people think "more accessible" immediately means "easier?" I'd probably be able to enjoy the Souls games myself a bit more if they had something to grab me by the shorthairs and say "Play me!" As it is, I get dropped off somewhere... fighting stuff... for some reason I don't know about.

Dragon's Dogma was a bit better, in that while you had the same "dropped off here fighting towards something for some reason," they actually kind of said "Hey, we need to kill this thing! Come on! There it is!" There was a goal. There was a carrot hanging from a stick that led me into the game.

If I want Myst, I'd go play Myst.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#7darkphoenix181Posted 4/11/2013 1:18:03 PM
he should have added uber hardcore mode where when you play it, if your char dies then it wipes you game disc and forces you to rebuy Dark Souls 2
---
proud owner of Pikanips
#8Furikuri_flclPosted 4/11/2013 1:20:29 PM
EternalNether posted...
Good for those people that actually find entertainment in dying one cheap unavoidable death after another until you memorize what's going to happen. I'll never pay a cent for the series until they change what it is at its core.

You obviously never played it or otherwise you wouldn't say that.
---
Now Playing: Picdun, Xenoblade Chronicles, Luminous Arc 2, Virtue's Last Reward.
#9bh7812Posted 4/11/2013 1:46:52 PM
Quote:Good for those people that actually find entertainment in dying one cheap unavoidable death after another until you memorize what's going to happen. I'll never pay a cent for the series until they change what it is at its core.
@EternalNether

Amen. Well out. I'm respectfully passing on Dark Souls 2 as well. Because they don't seem to get the more accessible you make the game and the more people that can play it, the better. There's ways of adding in "easy mode" for those of us that want it without touching normal or higher. Ways of doing it without wrecking gamers precious online component of this series. Instead, your days of yelling and crying "no easy mode!!! Or else!!" paid off, once again. They bent over for you hard cores so I hope you're happy. For a third time now you're shutting out the rest of us that would like to play the game. You "won" another huge victory yesterday. Sad. Like that song says: you can't always get what you want. When from stops bowing to and bending over for hard cores, and makes it so everyone can play these games then maybe ill buy it. As it is now, not a chance.

Go do the golf clap and slam back a few beers guys, may as well. Elitist entitlement won again.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.10
#10Banjo2553Posted 4/11/2013 1:49:31 PM
theshoveller posted...
Why do people think "more accessible" immediately means "easier?" I'd probably be able to enjoy the Souls games myself a bit more if they had something to grab me by the shorthairs and say "Play me!" As it is, I get dropped off somewhere... fighting stuff... for some reason I don't know about.

This. More accessible doesn't mean easier. It makes me wish that Nintendo would know the difference, because all of their recent games that has been touted as "more accessible" just meant it was an easier game.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz