This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It looks like Dark Souls 2 is staying difficult for the fans

#31PurelyDivine(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 7:41:54 PM
Marnex15 posted...

But the difficulty is one of the biggest appeals of the Souls games. It's just a core part of the series and the satisfying experience that comes from it. Deconstructing the core of the series just so that more people play it would ruin what the fans loved and dedicated time for in the first place. It would ruin a natural part of the Souls series and what it represents.

I do hope they make it more accessible in terms of explaining mechanics and combat. In depth (skip-able) tutorials would definitely help immensely in broadening the audience without cheapening the experience, AI, level design, etc that come with different difficulty options.

oh i agree with you. I'm just thinking of reasons why people want the series to be easier. They probably just feel left out because it's something that they can't do or handle.
---
I love Deidara. She's so hot - photobucket.com/albums/m560/theblaz1/DEIDARA.jpg
I love Cloud. She's so hot - photobucket.com/albums/m560/theblaz1/CLOUD.jpg
#32bh7812Posted 4/11/2013 8:24:58 PM
Quote:Marnex15 posted...

But the difficulty is one of the biggest appeals of the Souls games. It's just a core part of the series and the satisfying experience that comes from it. Deconstructing the core of the series just so that more people play it would ruin what the fans loved and dedicated time for in the first place. It would ruin a natural part of the Souls series and what it represents.

I do hope they make it more accessible in terms of explaining mechanics and combat. In depth (skip-able) tutorials would definitely help immensely in broadening the audience without cheapening the experience, AI, level design, etc that come with different difficulty options.

oh i agree with you. I'm just thinking of reasons why people want the series to be easier. They probably just feel left out because it's something that they can't do or handle.

@PurelyDivine

Ill try to illustrate just how difficult these games are. My younger brother was able to get through the PS3 Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 quite easily, so I had him try the copy of Demon's Souls that I had, just to see if maybe there was something I wasn't getting or missing. He made a very commendable few hour effort at it..after which he said that was way too much for him even and it wasn't just me. I struggled through regular Ninja Gaiden 1 on Xbox. Did much much better with Sigma 1. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 I got through 95 percent of on my own, to give people some idea of where my skill level is at. A game is much better for me personally if there's difficulty options. I can get through what's considered normal difficulty these days if given no other option but really, I'd rather play as many games on easy as possible if offered.

I haven't touched Dark Souls so I can't personally judge it yet. I keep seeing it for 20 bucks around where I am so maybe ill try it. Maybe that's more on a level I can handle. Ill try. If not, I can always give it away. I know there's ways to make it "easier" so if I personally want to see maybe half of it maybe I can try that.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.10
#33Sonic_The_HPosted 4/11/2013 9:34:48 PM
I don't play the souls games, but anyone who is having trouble besides combat is just moving along too fast. Gotta take it slow man.
---
"Are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over -
an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist." - Tobias