This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition announced for North America and Europe.

#1SakurafanboyPosted 4/11/2013 3:01:00 PM
Siliconera
Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/11/tales-of-xillia-collectors-edition-includes-milla-figurine-and-art-book/

Only 10,000 will be made so if you're wanting this, make sure you pre-order VERY SOON. This CE looks alright. Not sure its worth a full $100, maybe $70 or $80, but $100 is stretching it, but meh, **** it I'll go for it since its 2 days after my birthday so I might be able to get it as a gift. We'll see though.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#2SigmaHacielPosted 4/11/2013 3:02:14 PM
Agreed on the cost.

Infamous 2 at $100 for a decent backpack, a figure, etc was realistic and reasonable.

This is just a figure and the usual CE stuff. And for $40 extra? On top of $60 for a game that basically demanded Xillia 2 be made so it feels complete?
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#3namethatno1usesPosted 4/11/2013 3:05:58 PM
August 9th in Europe?
Thank you sir, you just made my day.

More on-topic: I really hate ultra-expensive CEs with figures. I much prefer an art book/soundtrack bundle or a metal case or something for 10-20 extra.

This is way too much.
---
Every time a masterpiece like Nier comes along, we get 100 boring shooters. Life's unfair. - simonstrane
#4MV6000Posted 4/11/2013 3:06:45 PM
I wanna support the "Tales of" series so I'm gonna buy this collector's edition.
---
Proud owner of a PS3 / 360 / Wii
http://psnprofiles.com/MV6000
#5Godly_GoofPosted 4/11/2013 3:10:35 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
Agreed on the cost.

Infamous 2 at $100 for a decent backpack, a figure, etc was realistic and reasonable.

This is just a figure and the usual CE stuff. And for $40 extra? On top of $60 for a game that basically demanded Xillia 2 be made so it feels complete?

well $40 extra translates to, about $10-15 for the art book since lets be fair it is 100 pages, ~$5 lets say for the CD and ~$20-25 for the figure and extra packaging and it seems reasonable enough to me.

Im gunna have to go pre-order this soon then because I'm a sucker for art books.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#6Godly_GoofPosted 4/11/2013 3:18:32 PM
Any word on when we'll know about who the "local provider" will be for the LEs? seems Namco store is restricted to EU and after checking EB, GS, amazon.ca/.com I'm only seeing standards across the board
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#7Sakurafanboy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 3:32:17 PM
Godly_Goof posted...
Any word on when we'll know about who the "local provider" will be for the LEs? seems Namco store is restricted to EU and after checking EB, GS, amazon.ca/.com I'm only seeing standards across the board

Retailers probably just haven't updated yet. I'd bet you anything that GameStop will stock it.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#8SuperLocoPosted 4/11/2013 3:34:42 PM
Only 10,000 will be made so if you're wanting this, make sure you pre-order VERY SOON.

It says only 10,000 will be available on the online store.
---
LeRing, D-JESUS, CHRIST Bosh, Super Mario, Mike Thriller, Shane GOATtier, Udonis SEXlem, Cole World, THA WARDEN, Philipino Jackson
#9ShuyinOnTheWayPosted 4/11/2013 3:39:02 PM
100€/$?... Mother of Tales of ...
(That sounds weird)

I was really content with the "Day One" ToGf edition we got in Europe back then for 60€, but this is kinda stretching it. Guess I'll buy the regular one instead this time.
---
Die and let live
If a rick roll could roll ricks, how many rick rolls would a rick roll roll if a rick roll ricks rolls?
#10MV6000Posted 4/11/2013 4:02:51 PM
I know Tales of Graces f had special pre-order costumes I hope Tales of Xillia does as well.

I really want the Cless and Stahn outfits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oSwwKWtrwI
---
Proud owner of a PS3 / 360 / Wii
http://psnprofiles.com/MV6000