This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which JRPG do you guys think is better: Tales of Graces f or Ni no Kuni?

#41theofficefan99Posted 4/14/2013 8:25:01 PM
blt123Seng posted...
Poor Western PS3 owners, never got Tales of Vesperia and had to deal with getting Graces F instead. It's a reverse of the Katamari games released this gen.

I own a PS3 and a 360 and I unfortunately went through Vesperia. The game is ****ing terrible. Raise your standards. The characters are nothing more than anime cliches and stereotypes, the in-game visuals aren't very impressive, the anime and CG cutscenes are insanely dated, the soundtrack is very mediocre, the dialogue is badly written, the plot is terribly paced and is one of the most horrendously written plots in recent memory, the dungeons are all uninspired and dull, and the battles are potentially fun, but very broken. The game is a 5.5-6/10 at best.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#42SSJMarioPosted 4/14/2013 8:48:23 PM
Hm, actually a pretty tough choice. ToGf's story was pretty terrible, but the battle system was fun. NnK was pretty much the opposite. I'll give the edge to music in NnK as well. Characters and their interaction with each other goes to graces f. The skits were really entertaining actually.

NnK makes it very easy to grind with those toko dudes, but you can skip fighting them. I kind of lost interesting because my characters were like level 80, and then I got another character who started at 45ish(?). It's just me, but I like to keep my characters all around the same levels.
---
PSN=bowserkick
NNID = Fighters_of_Foo
#43Ace_DefectivePosted 4/14/2013 9:04:07 PM
blt123Seng posted...
Poor Western PS3 owners, never got Tales of Vesperia and had to deal with getting Graces F instead. It's a reverse of the Katamari games released this gen.

Not really much of a loss. Vesperia can be imported and menu/skill/item translations are available online. The story is awful too so the only thing people would be missing out when playing ToV PS3 is the lack of Troy Baker. I'm happy Graces f is brought over instead.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tAjKHgxrJQ <3
Forever hoping for a sequel. Please make it happen, tri-Ace.
#44L0rdCrumpPosted 4/15/2013 6:25:22 AM
Tales of Graces F, I got bored in NinoKuni fairly quick.
---
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
#45_Itachi_Uchiha_Posted 4/15/2013 7:28:44 AM
The folks who are saying that ToG's combat system is better and NNK's story is better are pretty much right. Overall I give this to ToG by a modest margin. I still prefer any FF to these games though.
---
Snuggle bunny swag.