This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is there such a division between Japanese and Western fighting game fans?

#1mrhappyguy12345Posted 4/12/2013 6:20:55 PM(edited)
Seems like most either love games like mvc and hate on games like mk9 or the other way around. I'm a fan of both and I can't see why. How do you guys feel?
---
Farting in the garden with my peepee
#2torch00Posted 4/12/2013 6:22:42 PM
There seems to be a division between Japanese and Western game fans in general, especially with this constant JRPG vs WRPG nonsense.
#3DignatoReRaisedPosted 4/12/2013 6:22:55 PM
Both of the games you listed are garbage.
---
DON'T F*** WITH THE SENATOR!
NANOMACHINES, SON!
#4akuma634Posted 4/12/2013 6:23:07 PM
It's the internet, people want to spend most of their time b****ing about irrelevant things. It's hard to take most people on here seriously, especially when there's that mentality that everything must be the greatest of all time or the worst of all time, and f*** middle ground.
#5RollingCradlePosted 4/12/2013 6:24:11 PM
I like pretty much every fighting game, the differences are what makes each worth while!
#6Junpei_StupeiPosted 4/12/2013 7:10:34 PM(edited)
It's because of racism, TC.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#7Taran_McDohlPosted 4/12/2013 6:36:01 PM
Its because people like to stick with one side and never try out the other...or they become a fanboy of one..and hate the other without really knowing why they hate it. Its a bad trend that needs to end.
If you do not like something..then you should not care and you should not put so much time into posting about something you hate. You do not see me posting in games i do not like.
---
In every person there are 2 dogs fighting...one Good and one Evil. The one that wins is the one you feed the most.
PSN: Taran_Omega / Steam ID: tpanciera
#8RollingCradlePosted 4/12/2013 6:56:05 PM
^No, we actually don't care where you post.
#9ShinXaguraPosted 4/12/2013 6:59:35 PM(edited)
RollingCradle posted...
I like pretty much every fighting game, the differences are what makes each worth while!

This. Street Fighter Series and Mortal Kombat Series are great. I never played the New Mortal Kombat Games but I do love the Old Mortal Kombat(1,2,3, and 4).

I'm a big fan of Street Fighter Series but I don't like Crossover Fighting Games(Marvel vs Capcom, Street X Tekken, and others).
---
To fight is to live. To live is to fight.
#10mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 7:05:39 PM
ShinXagura posted...
RollingCradle posted...

This. Street Fighter Series and Mortal Kombat Series are great. I never played the New Mortal Kombat Games but I do love the Old Mortal Kombat(1,2,3, and 4).

I'm a big fan of Street Fighter Series but I don't like Crossover Fighting Games(Marvel vs Capcom, Street X Tekken, and others).

The new mk is fantastic, I highly recommend it.
---
Farting in the garden with my peepee