This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

80 gb PS3 Storage space used up

#1WiiBrawlerPosted 4/14/2013 8:38:13 PM
I can't seem to find why my space is used up other than a 20gb of downloaded games. The save files all seem to be like 10-15 gb total and it is annoying because I don't want to have to delete my games to download ones I bought any help would be appreciated
---
I heard Jesus was good at hide and seek remember that one time they couldn't find him for three days
#2SigmaHacielPosted 4/14/2013 8:39:15 PM
80GB total space on the HDD?

That means roughly 60 for actual consumer use.

Game data alone (Read - NOT save data) can eat that up in moments. Let alone downloaded games.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#3WiiBrawler(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 8:42:29 PM
Is there a way to get more? I just wanted to get a couple ps2 classics games?
---
I heard Jesus was good at hide and seek remember that one time they couldn't find him for three days
#4THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 4/14/2013 8:43:48 PM
Time to upgrade that HDD!!! Go 500gb or 1tb.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#5SigmaHacielPosted 4/14/2013 8:44:29 PM
WiiBrawler posted...
Is there a way to get more? I just wanted to get a couple ps2 classics games?

Delete game data you don't want. Backup and delete saves you don't need.

Get a bigger HDD, because nobody is dumb enough to leave the standard HDDs in their PS3s.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#6WiiBrawler(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 10:45:33 PM
Ok I have deleted all my old saves and only have saves of games I currently own and I really don't want to spend so much on a new HDD when I am probably going to buy a PS4 at launch but is there a way I could like copy my games to a flashdrive or pc or like burn them to DVD's so I only use their storage when I want to play them?
---
#7Iceberg73ePosted 4/14/2013 11:09:05 PM
Unless you have an external hard drive to create a full system back up, then no. You can't copy game data by any means other than that.
---
Ill lick all fanboys ass! - arsios
#8WiiBrawler(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 11:52:52 PM
So I added up all my saves/gamedata/games and got 44.541 GB also which makes me wonder why I need room my system says I have 3000mb available of 74 gb.
---
#9WiiBrawler(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 12:13:13 AM
sorry it was 57.2 gb and I know the other 20 gb is system stuff but is there a way to like download stuff straight to a USB or Hardrive then just plug that in when I want to use the data or play the game?
---
#10WiiBrawler(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 12:15:47 AM
Iceberg73e posted...
Unless you have an external hard drive to create a full system back up, then no. You can't copy game data by any means other than that.

Could I do this with my Laptop then copy it to a USB then plug that in when I play the game that requires the specific game data?
---